I got lazy and just use Bojote's tool now, otherwise you end up tweaking forever, it's at http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Yeah I've used that in the past and it's been great but this time I followed the install guide to the letter and then used that and I was getting 6fps lol, (Mind you I'm only getting 10 now lol).

I don't think it works for newer graphics cards. I used to have an OC'd GTS450 and it worked great on that.

Thanks for the tip though.

I'm upgrading to an 3570K soon and getting a more decent board (the one I have is an el-cheapo - hence the DPC latency) so hopefully that will be the end of my FSX dilemmas.

Actually, I know exactly what your problem is! You have installed Shader 3 Mod and you miss 2 lines in your FSX.cfg!

Put this in your FSX.cfg under [GRAPHICS]. Hope that helps you!

[GRAPHICS]

ForceFullScreenVSync=1

ALLOW_SHADER_30=1

Ok so I just ran into the same problem again  :mad: and I worked out why your instructions didn't work for me last time...

After editing the above .cfg entries you must rebuild your shader cache.

To do so go to %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders and delete everything in that folder, then run FSX and it will rebuild the files.

Thanks again for the info!

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Flight School Hangar" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Actually, I know exactly what your problem is! You have installed Shader 3 Mod and you miss 2 lines in your FSX.cfg!

[GRAPHICS]
ForceFullScreenVSync=1
ALLOW_SHADER_30=1

One thing you should add to this.

ALLOW_SHADER_20=1

If you don't do this, and you ever want to try DX10 mode, you'll have the same issue in DX10. This way you can switch back and forth if you want. Also if you haven't done so already, don't forget the HIGHMEMFIX=1 tweak, to reduce possible OOM's issues. (Since you rebuilt your fsx.cfg)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

[GRAPHICS]

ForceFullScreenVSync=1

ALLOW_SHADER_30=1

Ok so I just ran into the same problem again   :mad: and I worked out why your instructions didn't work for me last time...

After editing the above .cfg entries you must rebuild your shader cache.

To do so go to %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders and delete everything in that folder, then run FSX and it will rebuild the files.

Thanks again for the info!

One thing you should add to this.

ALLOW_SHADER_20=1

If you don't do this, and you ever want to try DX10 mode, you'll have the same issue in DX10. This way you can switch back and forth if you want. Also if you haven't done so already, don't forget the HIGHMEMFIX=1 tweak, to reduce possible OOM's issues. (Since you rebuilt your fsx.cfg)

Thanks! I hadn't come across that one, looks like we've covered all bases now.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately I tried out DX10 again the other day for the first time in a long while and even with the texture fixes installed and both a clean and tweaked .cfg the performance was almost half of what I get in DX9. That and the incompatibility with Nvidia Inspector AA means I most likely won't be going back to DX10. :(