Sign in to follow this  
TurboTomato

All of Europe on photoscenery

So how would you go about doing it?

UK Horizon VFR

France VFR (but how to get the whole of France?)

Spain free photoscenery

Portugal?

Belgium free photoscenery

NL2000

Germany?

Italy?

Switzerland?

Austria?

Denmark?

Scandinavia?

Germany?

I think VFR Germany is photoscenery.

Switzerland?

Swiss Pro? I'm not totally sure, but it looks pretty much like it.

Austria?

I'd like to know that myself! I have read about Flugwerk Design (those who did Austria Pro) were(are?) working on a completely new version of Austria Pro, and the preview pics looked like it was photscenery, but I haven't heard any news on that project in nearly two years.

Regards,

Flo

Guest Mik75

VFR Germany:

It is photo scenery, and it consits of 4 parts, it looks amazing, has customized autogen and I wouldn´t fly over Germany (my home country) without it. It doesn´t have sesonal or night textures. Performance over big cities like Berlin or Hamburg can drop dramatically, depending on your autogen densitiy setting in FSX.

Switzerland Pro:

It is not exactly cheap, but one of the best photo sceneries I know. It includes very nicely placed custom autogen, winter textures and night lighting with 3D lights, comparable to UTX. Performance over it is outstanding!

The newest version of Austria Pro X is being developed right now. It will be photo scenery with customised autogen, really looking forward to it.

So how would you go about doing it?

By robbing a bank first... :rolleyes: B)

Seriously though: there isn't photoreal scenery for every country/region you mentioned (I'd pay bick bugs for photoreal Norway!!!) and secondly al those addons look quite different (quality wise, color wise, autogen and/or 3D objects or not). In short: it would make Europe look like a mess (the mess it actually is nowadays... -_- ).

If you are into airliner flying you could try this to cover those areas that no higher resolution photosceneries cover:

http://www.fsaltitude.com/

It's basically low resolution photoscenery that looks good from + 20 000 ft and yet allows you to see default scenery around you when you are flying low, also has no compatibility problems with other scenery addons, you can use it together with other photosceneries.

I've got all released FSAltitude products and even one that hasn't been released yet, I got to say they are just awesome and their support is top notch too.

I've looked into FSAltitude but it's not for me - I don't like the idea of a 'ring' of normal scenery around the aircraft and a transition point. Tileproxy would do a very good job but I just don't have a fast enough internet connection.

I'm not sure you'd notice colour differences unless you were flying on the borders, and that wouldn't be a massive issue for me, as would autogen in some places but not others.

Hi TurboTomato,

France? Scenerybox Business class 4m/pixel for the whole country + more detailed individual areas like Paris region and Côte d' Azur from FranceVFR

-> www.scenerybox.com + www.francevfr.com (also take a look on f-bmpl.com for freeware autogen add-ons for different photosceneries in Europe)

Denmark? Look for Denmark X on simmarket, but very low quality I'm afraid

Italy? Not much available I'm afraid.

Since two weeks I've started to use FSEarthtiles, a nice little tool to create your own photoscenery. Takes a bit of practice, but if you have some spare time you can get very nice results with it.

Kind regards,

Nico

Ideally I'd like France at higher than 4m per pixel but that would mean spending lots of €€€ at FranceVFR.

I might just give FSEarthtiles a go and try to make a bit of Italy if I have a chance.

Hi TurboTomato,

France? Scenerybox Business class 4m/pixel for the whole country + more detailed individual areas like Paris region and Côte d' Azur from FranceVFR

-> www.scenerybox.com + www.francevfr.com (also take a look on f-bmpl.com for freeware autogen add-ons for different photosceneries in Europe)

Actually Scenerybox Business class does seem a pretty good compromise - and I'm sure from the screenshots it looks like more than 4.75m per pixel? Then as you say, add regions @ 1m per pixel for places you have airports. Think that may be my next purchase.

Earth Tiles is good in theory but looking into it a little further I just don't have the time to create the masks etc - I barely get enough time to play FSX itself for very long so that idea is parked for now.

Nobody is talking about X terabytes that will cost you for a whole Europe at 1m/p. So first of all you must buy few hard drives, or maybe even more, but it is impossible to add all HDs on a average PC. Cheap? Sure it is. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Yes - sorry mainly Western Europe but that's mainly because there is so little decent photoscenery (that I'm aware of) for Eastern Europe.

But this is a theoretical thread so I'm all ears for Eastern Europe as well :smile:

I may well try to do W Europe as a long term project though.