Sign in to follow this  
timmers

MCP Modes

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any details on when MCP modes are obtainable or not and under what conditions...Definitions of what each MCP mode does? when it works and when it doesnt? An MCP manual/guide?

cheers

I'd say that the Flight Crew Operations Manual, volume 2, chapter 4: "Automatic Flight", is a reasonable place to start.

The last three buttons at the top of the Com panel are default "Mode". Push the first one ONCE and the EFIS panel switches to mode 2 and you can use whatever you have programmed into mode two. another push for mode three and another to go back to mode one. Ditto for the other panels.

eg. I use EFIS modse three for all engine starts, pre-taxi,shutdown.

Easy to set up

regards

NealH

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

As stated above, the manual is the best way to have all the functions described.

It is a bit long to describe all the modes.

What you need to know basically is that the panel and the lights on the panel may not indicate that autopilot is doing what is lighted.

With the MCP you decide what to use for flight director or autopilot, but, in the upper side of the primary flight display is present the FMA (fight mode annunciator). It will tell you what the AP is doing or if AP is disengaged, in CWS, or so on.

So, for the single buttonsk, knobs, windows, check the manual. For a practical usage of them read and execute the tutorials.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

The last three buttons at the top of the Com panel are default "Mode". Push the first one ONCE and the EFIS panel switches to mode 2 and you can use whatever you have programmed into mode two. another push for mode three and another to go back to mode one. Ditto for the other panels.

eg. I use EFIS modse three for all engine starts, pre-taxi,shutdown.

Easy to set up

I might be dense, but... having read our post several times I still have no clue what you're on about. Which "three buttons at the top of the Com panel" are you referring to? Which Com panel? How does that relate to the EFIS control panel, how does the EFIS have different "modes", and what does that have to do with the MCP? I'm just very confused here; some clarification would be most welcome.

I might be dense,

You're not the only one...

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Sometimes the answer "read the manuals" seems a rude answer, but it is always the best answer to all questions.

The pmdg manual are extracted from the real aircraft manual and contains all the needed info to fly the real plane.

Here in the forum sometimes we answer to simple or complex questions, sometimes we point to the manuals.

In this case an answer is a bit long to write, and will be maybe longer that what the manual says, so basically you will find more useful the manual.

Playing with the tutorials will guarantee you to practice with most of the things.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Sorry, but when I saw " MCP" and "Modes" my assumption was that you were referring to the VrInsight MCP Combo. I use it along with LINDA for the PMDG 737. If you are not using the VrInsight MCP then disregard my post.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg