Sign in to follow this  
UAE77L

Mother Fokker!

VirtualCol has just released their rendition of the classic popular Dutch made Fokker F-50. It's the mother of all commercially operated turboprops in my opinion, hence my title. We recently announced another development currently in progress by CoolSky and McPhat. As for when the latter will be released... maybe later this year. But in the mean time, the VirtualCol should be sufficient enough to hold you over. And with a price tag of $12 bucks, it's very reasonable too!

3299_Vcol_f50_01.jpg

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Microsoft Flight Forum" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.

Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I bought this Fokker for only $10 yesterday. It's started when it first comes up, but quickly shuts down. For the life of me, I can't start it up again. I've tried everything I know. Some switches on the overhead panel don't even switch one way or another. Is there an easy start option on this plane? Please help. Stan

It's started when it first comes up, but quickly shuts down. For the life of me, I can't start it up again.

Stan...

Have you tried the old "trick" of loading up a flight with the default C172 - then once loaded (and running) on the runway, switch to the aircraft you want?

I made a quick video about how I got it started and flying without engine failure, I hope it helps. It's in pretty poor quality, some random background noise from my mic (forgot Fraps records it too) and things aren't done in particularly logical order and a lot of random 2D panel switching as I didn't actually plan to make this video, however there aren't many things that you need to do either...

So first I loaded default Cessna with engine and other stuff on, then this bird. Switching VC to 2D panels causes engines to shutdown so I didn't stop them manually.

Don't know if there are some proper procedures for this too, I couldn't turn on some buttons that should be on according the manual.

You might need to do some experiments with battery switch, sometimes before I had to put it into off position to get electrics on.

Also remember to turn off those button over the engine start switch, in this video I remembered it only after I started takeoff.

Always remember to have correct engine rating mode set too, like I set it to TO after loading the bird and then after takeoff during climb I set it to CLB and reduced thrust according the setting.

Too much thrust compared to what setting you are using will cause engines to shutdown, and so does also forgetting to set the mode before applying thrust.

Anyway, using this start up method I haven't seen any problems even in the later parts of the flight, after I took off from Vaasa airport seen in this video and after I turned off Fraps I just left autopilot on and thrust set to climb, so far it has crossed the Gulf of Bothnia, around 20 000 ft over Swedish coast now and no engine failures.

.... Mother Fokker ... he .... he ... he ... I like it .. :dance: :dance:

We recently announced another development currently in progress by

Are you a commercial developer?

Looks really good! And FSX needs a good Fokker! What's the systems like as the old version was well....basic.

Stan...

Have you tried the old "trick" of loading up a flight with the default C172 - then once loaded (and running) on the runway, switch to the aircraft you want?

You bet I have. There's more to it than that though. Check out the video FS Camp made on this thread.....you'll see.