Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

Aerosoft Rome

You bet. Aerosoft should have made this years ago, it has what it takes to become one of european mega airports. I think they should make major australian airports as well before they decide to stop supporting FS9. Thanks for the heads up Gavin

Weird... That looks like the good old iFSD freeware scenery, slightly rewamped, they just added some details . Not worth it. they pretend the FSX version is on its way, they're just gonna port some old stuff to FSX, good result garanteed.

Am going for it - will give some feedback as soon as it is installed!

Bill

I will be eagerly awaiting the feedback. Was about to reach for my credit card when I read Arnaud's comment....

I've decided just to wait a little until the usual small issues are resolved.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Very wise Gavin, particularly when Cornel is the developer.

... and until it is supported by AES.

particularly when Cornel is the developer.

I haven't much knowledge about developers, their products and the characteristics of these products; which other sceneries do you have in mind writing so?

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

which other sceneries do you have in mind writing so?

AS Schipol for instance, had been a disaster when it was released... Fixed after quite a bit of time.

I must stand corrected for my previous post about Roma though, the AS rendition is not a revamp of the old iFSD stuff, my guess was made only from looking the screenies, I haven't bought it.

I am excited about the FSX version! Hopefully it will be performance-friendly.

LIRF will encourage me to purchase FlyTampa Athens, as the latter is slightly far from Austria, Germany, and Switzerland for short-haul flights.

Have installed it and am running it with Lago's old Rome scenery (with all the relevant LIRF files deactivated from the Lago product) and the combination works well, adding even more autogen in the wider area outside the airport perimeter. I am very pleased with it on the initial impression, with a good sense of realism being achieved . There is a reasonable amount of AI autogen and the landclass files within the airport perimeter are very realistic looking and are nicely placed to fit in with the many airport buildings. One minor criticism is that the autogen train does not seem to have moved yet and was still in the same position after a short scenic return flight to Lago's Rome Ciampino AIrport, but they are always having strikes in Italy! I am achieving frame rates of 60 fps using Carenado aircraft but perhaps even higher frame rates would be achievable, but I have set my fps limit at 60. I cannot comment on whether it is a revamp of the old iFSD freeware scenery as I did not use this, relying on the old Lago LIRF scenery on which it is a definite improvement, but overall I am very pleased with this addon and very glad that I bought it. Will try to post some screenshots tomorrow but it's well past my bedtime now!

Bill

I am very pleased with it on the initial impression, with a good sense of realism being achieved . There is a reasonable amount of AI autogen and the landclass files within the airport perimeter are very realistic looking and are nicely placed to fit in with the many airport buildings. . . . I am achieving frame rates of 60 fps using Carenado aircraft but perhaps even higher frame rates would be achievable, but I have set my fps limit at 60.

Thanks for the information—it sounds good so far. I am looking forward to images and other reviews.

Its for FS2004 only

Hopefully the FSX version will be released shortly! I am really hoping for similarly excellent frame rates!

Going by the screenshots I think this scenery looks really good.