Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

Aerosoft Rome

Its for FS2004 only :(

This is the FS2004 forum. If you don't like us, why are you here? The product will also be released for FSX so don't worry.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Have discovered I am not working this morning so here are some screenshots as promised. I should point out that some of the autogen outside the airport perimeter relates to the old Lago Rome scenery which I am still running with this. Also I am still doing a doing a fresh reinstall of FS9 and haven't added my WOAI addons yet so the airport may look a little devoid of activity, but don't let that put you off!

Bill

Thanks Bill :biggrin:

Gavin Barbara

So, whats wrong with iFSD freeware scenery? I can not see that Aerosofts version differs in so many ways that it is worth buying. I have the iFSD scenery installed, and I am more than satisfied with that. :mellow:

Staffan

First, I enjoy fs9 even though I have pc that will run FSX, I just can't find a reason to make the switch in my opinion of great airports/aircraft and other addons. Rome by Aerosoft for FS9 is an opportunity for us FSniners to support our chosen version and show that we still exist and are worth continued to make products available to us. I am sure Aerosoft will be watching the sale numbers to either justify there current position, maybe we can "adjust" this view, just my opinion.....long live fs9!!

Brice53

Looks extremely promising. I've been searching for a really good LIRF for years.

Really? Hmmm. Been using a most excellent version for over 3 years.

The Aerosoft version appears to be a slight update of the incredible ISD effort (which was compatible with FSX and then converted to FSX). Just like Dusseldorf, and several other airports by the way.

The File Library and Google are your friend for these terrific freeware sceneries! Readily available.

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Really? Hmmm. Been using a most excellent version for over 3 years.

I too had the ISD version installed and it did look spectacular; however, even with the patches they made available, it seemed that there was no ILS available for the northerly approaches, nor, after landing, and using the stock ATC, could I get clearance or directions from Ground to taxi to a gate. It may well be that ISD was correct and MS wrong insofar as ILS for the northern approaches are concerned, but not being able to get clearance or directions from Ground to taxi to a gate was a show-stopper for me, and I'm hoping that at least Aerosoft will have dealt with that issue.

My guess is that the reason payware producers have made so few Italian airports is because there have been so many excellent ISD offerings available and they guessed that this kind of debate would take place and reduce their sales. When they were released, ISD were the best freeware addons available IMO. But that was then and this is now....

To imply that the Aerosoft version is merely some kind of "redo" or "upgrade" strikes me as very unfair - and maybe worse. Unless someone who has bought the new scenery and also has the ISD version can show us that there really is some connection between the two, please let's stop using language that implies that Aerosoft are pulling some kind of con by releasing an upgraded freeware package as payware. If you can show evidence it is true, okay. If not, let's stop making statements that seem very unfair to the developer and probably verge on libel.

The people who have bought it seem very pleased with it. Those who choose not to buy it and stick with the ISD version are free to make that choice. But to prejudge the Aerosoft version without having actually tried it is not only unfair, but as someone pointed out above, is also a pretty good way of getting the developer to give up on producing FS9 sceneries at all...

Free speech is good - but please let's keep it fair. Aerosoft has consistently produced high quality products and have been one of the last major companies to continue supporting FS9. I think they deserve better than some of the reactions I've seen so far

Ian

Wise words as usual Ian. Well said old chap.

Gavin Barbara

I'll pass this one.

I haven't forgotten the lack of support and lack of fixes for EHAM Amsterdam scenery.

Untill that is solved, I'm not buying anything from this developer anymore.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

it seemed that there was no ILS available for the northerly approaches

I did a merge of ISD LIRF and an updated FSX Afcad by Ray Smith, then someone actually incorporated it. The only difference is that one short taxiway is mis-marked, and I can live with that give the excellent quality of everything else. Well worth the price too (free)!!! ISD is so terrific.

ILS works fine for all the runways.

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

To imply that the Aerosoft version is merely some kind of "redo" or "upgrade" strikes me as very unfair - and maybe worse.

You're right to call me on that, it was a little unfair. I've purchased a great Aerosoft scenery and I'm very pleased with most of it.

Now, I will say it's really unfair that Aerosoft ignores customer support requests, I can easily say that with total confidence. I've not suffered that from other sources I've purchased scenery or other addons from. Additionally, having their support database disappear for sometime without any word or support, right after they announced an update to the AXE, well that wasn't too great.

I'm not against payware, in fact just the opposite. The guys who produce it are precisely the people who keep pushing our hobby forward, and I am grateful to them for that.

Dave Hodges

here are some screenshots as promised.

Thanks for the images. The coloring looks good so far.

First, I enjoy fs9 even though I have pc that will run FSX, I just can't find a reason to make the switch in my opinion of great airports/aircraft and other addons. Rome by Aerosoft for FS9 is an opportunity for us FSniners to support our chosen version and show that we still exist and are worth continued to make products available to us. I am sure Aerosoft will be watching the sale numbers to either justify there current position, maybe we can "adjust" this view, just my opinion.....long live fs9!!

Welcome to AVSIM!

It seems that FlyTampa will continue supporting FS9 at least until its next release.

I was just as excited as most of us as I was a resident of Rome for a number of years. A few things did make me hold back on purchasing it however. One as Harald mentioned the lack of AES support, and second as a lot of others have mentioned, the developers reputation when it comes to fixing bugs. I would like some more independent reviews from multiple users before deciding if this scenery will be worth the price advertised.

I remember using the ISD Rome on my previous installation of FS9 and found it to be spectacular, but as I do want AES support, it would make no sense using up credits on both sceneries.

Definitely going to wait till I have some more feedback from our (small) community.

I was just as excited as most of us as I was a resident of Rome for a number of years. A few things did make me hold back on purchasing it however. One as Harald mentioned the lack of AES support, and second as a lot of others have mentioned, the developers reputation when it comes to fixing bugs. I would like some more independent reviews from multiple users before deciding if this scenery will be worth the price advertised.

I remember using the ISD Rome on my previous installation of FS9 and found it to be spectacular, but as I do want AES support, it would make no sense using up credits on both sceneries.

Definitely going to wait till I have some more feedback from our (small) community.

When I looked at the Aerosoft support forum yesterday I noticed that two bugs that were reported (taxiway signs and some night textures) have already been fixed. The AES issue is very strange given that it's an Aerosoft release. If no AES support is given, that will be an issue for me too though I will probably still buy it as it does look outstanding and as much as I have appreciated my ISD sceneries throughout the years, I wouldn't mind having LIRF as an addon that reflects current design methods...