Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

Aerosoft Rome

Released for FS2004 only, no AES, up against this amazing freeware from ISD:

LIRF1.jpg

It's almost as if someone were out to prove that FS9 is dead, by making the uptake for this new scenery as poor as possible!

I would no more do without AES at a major airport, than switch off all the AI

LIRF2.jpg

I mean, it's all about jetways and stuff, isn't it?

Extraordinary decision if correct, that Aerosoft's biggest seller (=AES Credits) isn't going to be available!

They must surely revisit that thought, until then here's another simmer who will surely stay away.

Can anyone tell me where to find an announcement from Aerosoft that AES support will not be provided for their new LIRF? I can't find anything about it on their website.. The fact that it doesn't have it at release time is irrelevant - especially as Oliver has been working on releasing a major update to AES - which is now out. But is there an official statement that AES will not be provided at all???

I asked the question at Aerosoft's AES Forum, where Rafael (well-known here but absent from this forum it seems) reckoned:

"It is not 'AES ready' at the moment. If Cornel, the developer, decides to make proper changes, I am sure Oliver will apply AES support for it."

Very strange that Aerosoft would consider publishing something that's not compatible with their best-selling software, from the outset.

I certainly won't buy it right now; if it becomes "AES-ready" and all the bugs are ironed out, I might have another look.

Pity, FS9 is mature enough that you'd expect no drama with a new payware release.

After what amounted to a very scary cyclone in Ballina (126 Kt winds), and 2 days without electricity, I am thanking my lucky stars ... Cornel would be stupid to design ANY airport which was not AES compatible. Wait ...

Free speech is good - but please let's keep it fair. Aerosoft has consistently produced high quality products and have been one of the last major companies to continue supporting FS9. I think they deserve better than some of the reactions I've seen so far

You alway get a few that get mad at developers because everything is not freeware. This airport looks really good in those FS9 screenshots.

I will have to wait for the FSX version, but I've been waiting a long time for Aerosoft to start making some Italian airports.

I'm really happy to see this one.

waiting a long time for Aerosoft to start making some Italian airports.

Mr. Kok has let slip Aerosoft has been concerned about piracy with regard to Italian airports.

Robert, and I mean this in the best possible way, that isn't at all what was said.

I'll leave it at that.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Have anyone got this airport to merge with the older Cloud 9/Lago scenery of the area?

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Robert, and I mean this in the best possible way, that isn't at all what was said.

I'll leave it at that.

I apologize Dave. I misunderstood you. I just see a lot of that in this community.

Mr. Kok has let slip Aerosoft has been concerned about piracy with regard to Italian airports.

I wonder why the problem should be any more there, than anywhere else (which, I'm sure it is a huge problem everywhere).

I'm not Italian, but I've been always flying over it heading for all the Aerosoft Greek airports. I always really thought that we needed an airport in Rome.

Have anyone got this airport to merge with the older Cloud 9/Lago scenery of the area?

There is a list of files that are removed from the Cloud 9/Lago scenery in order to merge it with the ISD LIRF here:

http://www.mediterraneavirtual.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7685 (see last entry)

I don't have the new Aerosoft version, but this may work with it also....just make a back up of your original scenery folder first.

As I mentioned in my post on this thread, it merges very well with the Lago Rome scenery - just remove any LIRF files.

Bill

As I mentioned in my post on this thread, it merges very well with the Lago Rome scenery - just remove any LIRF files.

Bill

I removed about 9 files that had lifr. But there s still objects showing at airport jetways. Can you list the files you removed?

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Hi Bill,

Sorry I haven't had a chance to recheck my Fiumicino scenery until now, but did so today. I haven't been able to find any unusual objects at the airport jetways after a careful look around, so I am unsure as to what you are referring. With regard to the files, I actually deleted them so I cannot be certain which ones I removed, but as far as I can remember, the only ones I removed were any LIRF files that I could find. Have you previously installed any other scenery in that area I wonder?

Bill