Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

Aerosoft Rome

No the Lago/Cloud9 was the only scenery I used in that area. When I deactivate it, the new aerosoft airport appears great.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Hi

This is from Aerosoft forum, probably the same as from italian forum above :

there u go,

just have to rename the following files to .off or move them out of the scenery folder of rome lago.

to make it easier just copy the following lines in a .cmd file, put it in the scenery folder and execute it:

ren c9_rome1.bgl *.off

ren seram.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome38.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome15.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome16.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome33.bgl *.off

ren lirftwr1.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome14.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome30.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome20.bgl *.off

ren lirfstrexta.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome36.bgl *.off

ren fbdpp.bgl *.off

ren fadpp.bgl *.off

ren lirfstrext.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome28.bgl *.off

ren road.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome21.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome19.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome29.bgl *.off

ren ga320a.bgl *.off

ren ga737a.bgl *.off

ren ga80a.bgl *.off

ren lirftrad1.bgl *.off

ren lirparb.bgl *.off

ren fbdplib.bgl *.off

ren gastlib.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome37.bgl *.off

ren gastatic.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome34.bgl *.off

ren ga7771a.bgl *.off

ren lirfstcap.bgl *.off

ren ga111a.bgl *.off

ren ga1747a.bgl *.off

ren lirfstrsd1.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome12.bgl *.off

ren roada.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome22.bgl *.off

ren ga777a.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome18.bgl *.off

ren ga11a.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome39.bgl *.off

ren af2_lirf.bgl *.off

ren ga747a.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome13.bgl *.off

ren fa_st_fr.bgl *.off

ren fa_st.bgl *.off

ren lirftwr.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome44.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome17.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome10.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome41.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome11.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome12a.bgl *.off

ren lirfstrsd2.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome43.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome13a.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome42.bgl *.off

ren lirftcentr.bgl *.off

ren lirfstrest.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome14a.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome35.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome9.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome31.bgl *.off

ren lirfstrsd3.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome15a.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome32.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome40.bgl *.off

ren cloud9_sg.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome45.bgl *.off

ren cl9pilfco.bgl *.off

ren lirftrad.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome7.bgl *.off

ren roadb.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome6.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome25.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome8.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome4.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome27.bgl *.off

ren lightimgombro.bgl *.off

ren signfco.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome3.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome5.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome2.bgl *.off

ren beacon.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome24.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome01.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome26.bgl *.off

ren c9_rome23.bgl *.off

Hi

This is from Aerosoft forum, probably the same as from italian forum above :

there u go,

just have to rename the following files to .off or move them out of the scenery folder of rome lago.

to make it easier just copy the following lines in a .cmd file, put it in the scenery folder and execute it:

I tried removing the bgl's above, it removes the whole city of Rome. That's not what I want, I just want to remove the LIRF airport, but keep the surrounding city.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Hi

I made short trip from LIRF to LIRA and this modification did not remove old city Rome.

It works OK.

Something wrong with your system.

Regards

You're right I feel like idiot, I didnt reactivate scenery in cfg. I'll try again, will let you know how it came out.

Bill McIntyre

do not buy it is a really bad job I did and now I regret it....poor scenery with many errors also the ils freq is incorrect...poor frame and major loading errors on app and poor support... many posts requests on forum from the users and no reply from aerosoft, they also deleted mine post because it was bad publicity for their.......... I'm trying to have my money back but none reply to my request..........................

if you want my advice, do not buy the rome scenery by Aerosoft,at least until it is decent because today it is indecent....

In fairness to Aerosoft, their forum is one of the more enlightened ones. (Try ORBX for size)

I do believe they listen to their audience.

The Rome discussion is full of criticism, unavoidably with the usual assortment of flaky contributions.

On which topic, the guy who lifted my ISD LIRF screenshots from here and plopped them in there without as much as a by-your-leave:

Bad Form, ole boy...

I apologize Dave. I misunderstood you. I just see a lot of that in this community.

No problem Robert, all's well.

Sorry for the dated response.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I'm trying to have my money back but none reply to my request..........................

I'm normally a fan of Aerosoft, however I to have had difficulty with them recently. I wonder if there has been a shift with them? Then again, I've never needed or asked for support before now, and three separate emails requesting support (partial refund request for credit only because I forgot to apply a coupon code) and they were all completely ignored. Not one response.

I'm going to have to do some research here before I say more, and find out if our friend at Aerosoft recently had some major medical issue or turned over the reigns to someone new. If I believe half of what I've read recently, and combine it with two terrible experiences I've personally had with Aerosoft, then the only conclusion I can come to is that something is up with our friend there.

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

here is an update: after the last attempt to have support or money back aerosoft block my access to their forum and delete my posts, in this posts I only described the problems which make this addon unuseful to me and in this posts I demostrate the mendacity of their solutions.

they blocked me probably so I can't inform all of their customers about their lies, but luckily we have places like this forum where I can make my voice hear and where they can't gag me.

This is the situation at aerosoft at the moment, I do not mean that will always be so, but at the moment there strongly advised not to buy Aerosoft rome, at least until there will be an improved and stable version.

this is just my advice, my opinion honest and disinterested