Sign in to follow this  
Johnny767

I'm getting CS-777 and FlyTampa-Dubai

The Boeing 777-300 is one of my favorite a/c. I love the way it looks and flies- powerful! And, I also have an admiration for Dubai- for it's beauty! So, I am thinking of getting these 2 products today.

Question: I understand CS-777 may not be the best a/c we've seen, but since I would like to fly this a/c I am thinking of getting it. (Don't know when PMDG will release theirs). So, for those of you who love the 777, could you tell us what's wrong with CS-777? (Or what's important, that does not work?)

Thanks,

I found the CS777 is so, so, SO frustrating. Auto throttle ALWAYS just blasted waaaaay through anything set.

LNAV would SOMETIMES work.

VNAV would NEVER work.

These are just my experiences with it. I understand that a few didn't have the same issues.

bought cs-777-200 and 300 for around 80 Euros 2 weeks ago.

No landing gear, and no systems working, basically cant use it.

I would not advice it unless you can demo it first, else the least of your issues will be waste of money, but waste of time.

CS display the reputation of a company that will not give a dan about customers till they have no more customers.

Cs-777 is Definatly not a buy, unless you can demo for free

VNAV.

Have to settle for FLCH for now until they get it sorted. As for the landing gear issues, only a few people have had problems. Personally, I haven't had this problem since the EARLY version(s) of the CS 777.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

bought cs-777-200 and 300 for around 80 Euros 2 weeks ago.

80 Euro?!

For this garbage? OMG! :O

Heard it isn't very good...So glad I stuck to my instincts!

VNAV will soon be fixed in an update, but:

Systems/displays/FMC are not yet completed.

CS might turn away from finishing the product.

This product will never live up to the 60 Euro-standards.

There's an interesting thread here on avsim.com over in the FSX/General forum.

my thoughts offered

I have CS777 and overall great a few minor software fixes required. I like PMDG as well as a beautiful product. I like iFLY again different aspects

FlyTampa is the best period.

I will probably buy the PMDG 777 when it arrives but I think it could be another year.

so enjoy the CS777

I do like CS767 and the CS757

I even have LevelD767

it is sort of an evolution !

Here we go again with the CS-777.

I take off manually and when the flaps are raised I re-enter the cruise altitude in the CDU.

Now I can climb, cruise and descent with VNAV.

The Localizer and ILS are being captured perfectly and I land spot on.

I also have done many flights with the CS 757 and 767 and never had issues like some describe.

Since 2,5 years I have the same installation of Windows and FSX.

My system is stable like a rock.

Especially CS needs a stable system.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

With CS products, the people who don't really know the systems never seem to have problems. Instead of buying CS just get the Posky 777 and add one of the freeware panels or the ISG gauges.

Several posts and very little help. I would like transparent feedback- not rants such as "Oh this is not a PMDG." "The nose doesn't look like PMDG, etc,,etc,"

-- What I need is sound feedback.. What is wrong with the landing gear? :angry:

80 Euro?!

80 Euro?!

Could you please explain why you consider this to be "a Garbage?" Please elaborate. Tell us what is wrong with this a/c? I can tell that you- just as myself and many more--, are eagerly waiting for the PMDG. But, please try to keep your mind away from PMDG for a moment, and focus on the CS-777 and provide a sound feedback.

Landing gear works fine for me (on my system at least). It's just the VNAV is the main problem.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Could you please explain why you consider this to be "a Garbage?" Please elaborate. Tell us what is wrong with this a/c? I can tell that you- just as myself and many more--, are eagerly waiting for the PMDG. But, please try to keep your mind away from PMDG for a moment, and focus on the CS-777 and provide a sound feedback.

I didn't mean "Garbage" as in "Garbage", just Garbage as in Garbage...

I'm not a fan of CS haven't been since I wasted allot of money on the "un-flyable" 767 & 757. They are good for visuals, but not for in-depth system's etc...From what I have read and also seen I am calling this "Garbage" as I would with a few other products that CS have released because...It just doesn't feature what is advertised.

Ok, it has a good looking model, and the usual CS style service doors/maintenance doors etc...the cabin has doors that open and close, but it doesn't feature what should be in the aircraft "Systems". Its faulty and has been since release. A year ago?

I don't want this turning into some argument that will never resolve, I'm just expressing how I feel about the CS 777 and I don't want my opinion to conflict with others opinions and cause Avsim style WW3.

Maybe we are spoilt with having PMDG developing such great visuals as well as "true to life systems" and that has shown us just how BASIC (CS) etc are...No offence to CS...Just saying...

The landing gear on CS aircraft is disabled if the product isn't properly unlocked, so people that have trouble with the registration scheme are often complaining about the lack of landing gear.

It's a problem, but one that is usually easily solvable if you sit and patiently work through the problem (usually it's something simple, in this case with the 777 it's usually that the 0.9 or earlier version was NOT uninstalled before installing the 1.0 version, as the installation notes for 1.0 are clear you must do)