Sign in to follow this  
Johnny767

I'm getting CS-777 and FlyTampa-Dubai

there is nothing wrong with the landing gear missing issue

you must turn off all anti-virus on the download

you must have admin control of all files

and you must have a real license key

You're the man! Share the pain (I meant PLANE, really I did!).

Now where did I put that "Horse to Water" graphic? lol

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Several posts and very little help. I would like transparent feedback- not rants such as "Oh this is not a PMDG." "The nose doesn't look like PMDG, etc,,etc,"

-- What I need is sound feedback.. What is wrong with the landing gear? :angry:

I've owned the CS777 since the release of the base model. I have only seen the landing gear disappear once and that was in a very early version. It is related to the anti-piracy system that CS uses. Be sure to uninstall each version completely before installing the new one. Also, there is a Manual Offline Activation that some people use. Obviously if your version is pirated then you should expect to find the gear missing.

I would consider the current CS777 to be 1.0 Beta. There is a long list of minor issues and one or two major ones such as the VNAV. CS has a list of bugs on their site so you can see what they know about and what they are working on. You can program the LNAV, set up different loads with the ACE, fly long hauls and instrument approaches. I recommend climbing and descending on FLCH and cruising with A/T until VNAV is fixed in the next release.

If you want to wait for PMDG as some have suggested here, then by all means do so. They tend to have very complete aircraft at release. But you'll have to learn to wait patiently as others are doing. For now CS is the only native FSX 777 available.

Ben

Several posts and very little help. I would like transparent feedback- not rants such as "Oh this is not a PMDG." "The nose doesn't look like PMDG, etc,,etc,"

-- What I need is sound feedback.. What is wrong with the landing gear? :angry:

The L/G is an activation issue. Tricky with CS, but you can get it working.

The real issues are:

- CS 777 is being advertised as nearly finished (except for the WX radar and the terrain radar) - fact is, it's much more incomplete in v1.0

- VNAV isn't working yet. You can get the CS 777 to climb with VNAV engaged but it wouldn't adhere to speed restrictions: It would climb at max crz speed even under 10k

- EICAS messages are not completed yet.

- ECL isn't completed yet (closed loop items not implemented for L/G, flaps, spoilers etc.)

- ND isn't completed yet (TCAS missing, lots of ARP and STA missing)

- PFD isn't completed: speed marks missing, barber pole wrong, bug in LOC indication

- CDU/FMS isn't completed: ALTN page not functional, bugs in T/D, in adding arrivals to the last flight plan leg

That's what I found out myself. For sure this list can be continued ...

The Boeing 777-300 is one of my favorite a/c. I love the way it looks and flies- powerful! And, I also have an admiration for Dubai- for it's beauty! So, I am thinking of getting these 2 products today.

Question: I understand CS-777 may not be the best a/c we've seen, but since I would like to fly this a/c I am thinking of getting it. (Don't know when PMDG will release theirs). So, for those of you who love the 777, could you tell us what's wrong with CS-777? (Or what's important, that does not work?)

Thanks,

CS-777: Please learn from other's mistakes... Hold your breath and wait.

BK

And if you can't hold your breath:

Go back to FS9.1. There's a complete and free-of-major-bugs 777 around (don't forget about those 2 SP's after their v1.0 DVD RTM - they fix some minor and medium-sized issues and add the TCAS RAs to the RTM state).

Never mind the graphics, never mind the missing widescreen support. At least it's rather complete, systems are quite well modelled, FMC has same abilities.

And have a look at v1.0 on the DVD, before installing the SP's: It's amazingly complete, regarding a v1.0 was brought to the market. A few big issues in the flight model and the automated flight, but no show-stopper.

I wish, today's v1.0's, no matter who's the developer, would be so good ...

-- CS 777: Well, as much as I love the Boeing 777-300 (not the 200 or smaller), and as much as I would like to support CS, I must agree that after completing my research, I will NOT purchase CS 777...It has too many negatives. If, I were to want a "toy" or a "semi-useless" 777, I can easily go with the Posky 777-- FOR FREE! So, I'll wait for Randy's 777..Don't think I'll regret it.

-- FlyTampa Dubai: Uhhhh, ask me again. Definitely my second best airport (after Hong Kong's KAITAk ....Lovely...Worth every dollar and more!

What about this one?:

http://www.aerosim.c..._e/fs_fsx_e.htm

I had forgotten about the FSX-native Aerosim 777. However, I don't believe that people waiting for the level of detail in the PMDG and CS are going to go for Aerosim, as it seems to be a "lite" version of the 777. Also it only includes the -200 in the PW variant. My reason for getting the 777 is the -200LR version with the GE engines. So I'm not even going to consider the Aerosim for my own purposes.

Ben

A VNAV fix for the CS-777 has been released...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

-- CS 777: Well, as much as I love the Boeing 777-300 (not the 200 or smaller), and as much as I would like to support CS, I must agree that after completing my research, I will NOT purchase CS 777...It has too many negatives. If, I were to want a "toy" or a "semi-useless" 777, I can easily go with the Posky 777-- FOR FREE! So, I'll wait for Randy's 777..Don't think I'll regret it.

-- FlyTampa Dubai: Uhhhh, ask me again. Definitely my second best airport (after Hong Kong's KAITAk ....Lovely...Worth every dollar and more!

Could you please PM me about Fly Tamp Dubai? I have some questions about it. Thanks, Bob.

My two cents worth? If you like Dubai, there's not too many short hops from there. You'll probably enjoy the CS 777, as much as I've bashed them in the past I'm still looking forward to getting typed in my VA on their 727. They do many things well, and if you don't let the nigglies get you it's a great product. So yes, a great combination for some, hopefully for you!! Let us know how you make out...