Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

ANyone using Nvidia 314 drivers with P3D?

I have been very happy with my 306.97 drivers but thought I would give a go with the newest version thinking (in the back of my mind), there may be some improvement. Seems to be on FPS but the visuals just aren't there - getting the "shimmers" and I can seem to lock those down despite various combos inside Nvidia Inspector. Just curious if anyone else is messing with 314.07?

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Hi Clutch,

Installed 314.07 yesterday, and flew 1,5 hrs today. No problems, but no improvement either :-)

Good luck with solving your problem

BR

Bob

wating for everyone else to test the water :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

wating for everyone else to test the water :)

The 314 was released for Crysis 3 no improvement for FSX/P3D.

I'm using 314.07 and seeing no difference with P3D, Win 8 x64 GTX 680. But most new drivers only target certain games and software.

Also using 314.07 no problems.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I'm using 314.07 and seeing no difference with P3D, Win 8 x64 GTX 680. But most new drivers only target certain games and software.

Thanks for this I am about to upgrade from the GTX580 to the GTX680. I will stick with the stock drivers.

I upgraded to GTX 680 when one of my SLIed 580s died. The performance in P3D and FSX is slightly better.

Nvidia 314.09 WHQL drivers are the stock drivers. This is what the WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) means. Of course, like any software companies in the race to step forward there is very, very rarely a glitch such that the latest WHQL is problematic. As this is infrequent and then usually only applies to the very latest of games it is not of itself an impediment to upgrading as the overall gains easily outweigh the miniscule risk.

By not updating to the latest WHQL drivers advances in, for instance, power management; Physics-X/CUDA; Win 8 compatibility; SLI profiles, HDMI developments and most importantly upgrades to the core graphics capability are missed. If you some how think that these sorts of developments do not affect your system then stick with the increasingly archaic out of the box drivers. But if you are running a relatively new 680 type card then by definition you will almost certainly need these advances. In general for all users, after Windows security updates I would suggest graphics card driver updates are the most important software updates to make.

There will be nothing superior by design about the drivers that come on the CD ROM in a new graphics card box.

What is sometimes most problematic is the upgrading impact on Nvidia Inspector. The best remedy to this I find is a clean install (i.e. the complete removal of prior graphic card drivers) which can be done under the Custom screen on installation of the GeForce drivers. And may require the re-establishment of the individual profile in Nvidia Inspector.

Completely removed drivers, did another clean install... back to working now. 314's Seem to look very good and run very good. Seems I am getting a more constant higher FPS but I am sure it is just in my mind. Out of game looks like a few "niggle issues" when running Surround. Need to play more with them.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit