Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

FSGenesis vs. SceneryTech Landclass

Scenerytech is a landclass product, FSGenesis is a mesh product.

The best option is getting both of them and also Ultimate Terrain for those areas.

FSGenesis has US landclass also (or at least he did at one time). I'm using Cloud 9 landclass most of the time. I've also found that I prefer running FSGenesis 2004 landclass in FSX rather than Justin's FSX version...more of the small towns here in Pennsylvania are included. Don't have SceneryTech landclass yet so I can't compare.

John

Last time I checked (which was a while ago), the FSG landclass was for FS9 but happened to work in FSX. I tried FSG vs ST and found ST to be loads better. FSG still gave me "deserts" everywhere. ST looked great.

edit - per post above, maybe there is a dedicated FSX landclass from FSG. To be honest, I don't remember exactly what I tried, but it was only a year or so ago and I came to the conclusion that ST was the best.

edit again - there is an FSX US landclass from FSG and if I log in to my store account I own it. So I guess I must have concluded that I liked ST better. ST covers Alaska and Hawaii, FSG doesn't.

Oh yeah I remember seeing at least some FS9 lanclass made by FSGenesis, but I thought they had none for FSX.

Actually, FSGenesis has a landclass they market for FSX. I am currently using it, but am wondering if the SceneryTech landclass might be better? So a question for you guys (and gals) using SceneryTech, how do you like it?

Last time I checked (which was a while ago), the FSG landclass was for FS9 but happened to work in FSX. I tried FSG vs ST and found ST to be loads better. FSG still gave me "deserts" everywhere. ST looked great.

I'm from the desert west - Utah - and I rather like all the deserts everywhere in the FSG landclass. I feel it's actually much more representative of what I see in life than some others I've tried. Get things TOO green and they get really unrealistic really quick...

(unless you're talking about sand-dune deserts... that isn't right! Western deserts are rocky - and that's what I think I've seen in the FSG landclass.)

I'm from the desert west - Utah - and I rather like all the deserts everywhere in the FSG landclass. I feel it's actually much more representative of what I see in life than some others I've tried. Get things TOO green and they get really unrealistic really quick...

(unless you're talking about sand-dune deserts... that isn't right! Western deserts are rocky - and that's what I think I've seen in the FSG landclass.)

I'm from California and spend most of my time sim-flying in California. A lot of California is brown most of the year, but FSX makes it look like tatooine. The problem could be solved by either replacing that tatooine texture with something that looks more like dry grass, or using different LC in those areas. Using FTX Gloabal or GEX might fix it, and/or ST landclass helps a lot. I know that FSG landclass by itself didn't really do much to fix the issue.