Sign in to follow this  
ronsavage

Toronto Scenery

Been away for a few years... What is the best scenery for Toronto (YYZ) these days. Also what are some other worthwhile sceneries worth purchasing/downloading.

Any insight would be very helpful as my old FS friends are ignoring me..

Regards,

Ron

I currently use this freeware:

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=105991

It's for FS9, but works well in FSX.

Blueprint has a payware version, I've never used it so can't really comment.

Oryxsim has a payware version coming, and it would seem that FlyTampa might also, but no official confirmation yet (lots of hinting though!)

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I have BluePrint's version, but it's not up to the level of developers like Fly Tampa and FSDT. To BluePrint's credit, they announced a plan to modernize some of their existing products. If Fly Tampa comes out with Toronto, I will buy it. I haven't tried ORYXSIM yet.

As far as worldwide sceneries, you can't fail with FSDT or Fly Tampa. UK2000 is also great. Latin VFR is also bringing up their standards. I also recently tried Pacific Islands Simulation Jeju and Xiamen airports, and they look and work fantastic.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I currently use this freeware:

http://library.avsim...php?DLID=105991

It's for FS9, but works well in FSX.

Blueprint has a payware version, I've never used it so can't really comment.

Oryxsim has a payware version coming, and it would seem that FlyTampa might also, but no official confirmation yet (lots of hinting though!)

Hello,

For the FS9 freeware you mentioned, any modifications required to use in FSX? I downloaded and saw a couple of effect files. Are those compatible with FSX?

Thanks

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Excellent Freeware, CYYZ 2007 (see link above), along with CYYZ Toronto City Centre.

You'll appreciate them both.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

You might check this out...I have several of Simaddons airports and find them quite good. They are not FlyTampa quality but get the job done.

Anyway, I don't have Toronto but thought you might want to check out Ralphs products.

http://www.simaddons.com/pages/simaddons_addons.htm

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

To the best of my knowledge, the 2007 YYZ freeware works without modifications...it's been a while since I installed it though so I may be forgetting something.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Fly Tampa recently put out a payware version of CYUL Montreal that looks very good. Also excellent nearby is the freeware Quebec Airport CYQB as well as the free Quebec City area with most of the major buildings.

Henri

Henri Arsenault

I would not get the Blueprint CYYZ as it will not work with AES.  As an owner of some Blueprint airports, I have to say they need to step up their game more to be competitive.

These 2 developers are working on a CYYZ, if either works with AES I will buy the better of the 2.

http://www.flytampa.org/index.html

http://www.oryxsim.eu/

spacer.png

What bugs me about flytampa is that I need AES to move the jet bridges. I don't want AES, I have GSX but they (flytampa) say doing it any other way then via AES isn't good enough.

So I'm leaning towards Orxysim.

Lee

What bugs me about flytampa is that I need AES to move the jet bridges. I don't want AES, I have GSX but they (flytampa) say doing it any other way then via AES isn't good enough.

So I'm leaning towards Orxysim.

Lee

I have a pre purchase with Oryxsim for CYYZ. I think they are getting close to release, but I am not sure it is going to be compatible with GSX (Which I have) as far as the jetways go, but the quality of the scenery in general look's pretty good compared to Blueprint.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg