Sign in to follow this  
ccalvillo

757/767 PMDG Next Project...

The Dash-8 has been discussed on/off for ages! The fourth project is a X-Plane project, check the status RSR posted and pinned in the General forum around Xmas time. PMDG has not said what that aircraft is, I am going to guess but the Dash-8 would probably be a good fit. Note I am only guessing, there are many great planes out there that would be a great fit.

As this has been stated before, PMDG typically does projects that are overly done. I think there might be some mutal respect between some of the developers out there to not step on each others products. There are PLENTY of un-modelled planes out there to do. (MD-95/717 cough cough) So I would say PMDG would not do a 767/757 out so respect for another developer. But that too is a guess.

DC6, 777 and 747. What is the fourth you're referring to? :)

The magical B747-8i/F!

Without the success of the 767 the 777 would not even have been thinkable. The 767 was the most important plane of a decade. It revolutionized the North Atlantic travel. A modern version would be a true gem for the sim community.

LDS is making 757 and PMDG won't build the 757 out of respect of LDSs 757(which will come, I don't know it has been ca. 4 years now). We will have to wait what PMDG will do after 777,747V2 and DC-6, I hope they make other classics :biggrin: .

What I would like to see Aerosoft develop A330 and A340. I hope QualityWings will release the 787 this year :P .

Hey guys, i would like to congratulate all of you. for your hard work to bring us amazing and realistic products only like pmdg knows...

In your future projects, is there any chance the 757/767 be a next project, would be amazing, with your realism levels. What do you think?

Greetings

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Richie Walsh

What I would like to see Aerosoft develop A330 and A340

I'd hold out for the FSLabs TransitBus family. Can't say I'm a big

Fan of Aerosoft's product logic

LDS is making 757 and PMDG won't build the 757 out of respect of LDSs 757(which will come, I don't know it has been ca. 4 years now). We will have to wait what PMDG will do after 777,747V2 and DC-6, I hope they make other classics :biggrin: .

What I would like to see Aerosoft develop A330 and A340. I hope QualityWings will release the 787 this year :P .

A Level D 757 has been promised for a lot longer than 4 years. It was being talked about before PSS and Capt Sim brought their 757s out for FS9! Any questions about it on their forum get closed down very quickly. I don't think LDS are even working on it.

However I still can't see PMDG making a 767 or 767 as they don't want to tread on Level D's toes.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I'd hold out for the FSLabs TransitBus family. Can't say I'm a big

Fan of Aerosoft's product logic

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/389401-fslabs-a320-or-airbus-320-extended/ I read a little and found that FScamp read that one of FSLabs developers have said they are going to make 330/340 :smile:

A Level D 757 has been promised for a lot longer than 4 years. It was being talked about before PSS and Capt Sim brought their 757s out for FS9! Any questions about it on their forum get closed down very quickly. I don't think LDS are even working on it.

However I still can't see PMDG making a 767 or 767 as they don't want to tread on Level D's toes.

PMDG said they won't make 757 because of loyalty.

PMDG said they won't make 757 because of loyalty.

I'm not sure loyalty is the right word for this. It's more that they don't want to compete directly with Level D developers, with whom they have a good relationship.

Anyway, I wonder why some people want a PMDG version of every airliner. Other developers' products may not be quite as complete or as accurate, but given the amount of time and effort put they all put in for each high end addon it seems to be pointless to duplicate that when they could concentrate on something that has not been done.

ki9cAAb.jpg

It's a shame really. Perhaps it reveals what respect Level-D has for the community by not encouraging PMDG to take the project. Maybe that happened, maybe it didn't but, I'm guessing at the latter. Level-D's 767 was a cracker when it came out, but that was so long ago now many of us want a refreshed and thoroughly modern version of it.

Oh well.