Sign in to follow this  
Noel

What happens if I delete FSUIPC?

I get an occasional crash after being in flight for many minutes. I may leave the PC for 10 and come back and all's well until I interact w/ the PC, then FSX goes thru a 30 second period where the windoes hourglass displays, then finally get the Fatal Error, and get this message :

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61472.0

Application Timestamp: 475e17d3

Fault Module Name: FSUIPC4.dll <<<<<<<<<<<<< latest version, and prior version happened too

Fault Module Version: 4.8.5.3

Fault Module Timestamp: 50477966

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000343e5

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

LCID: 1033

I don't use FSUIPC's various features much, so what will I lose if I don't have it? I think my software profile is in my PC specs, plus FSPassengersX and now FSXFollow for Mac.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Noel,

Your PC is a MAC, correct?

" I may leave the PC for 10 and come back and all's well until I interact w/ the PC, then FSX goes thru a 30 second period where the windoes hourglass displays, then finally get the Fatal Error, and get this message :"

Does the MAC go into "sleep" mode?

Or, are you "pausing" FSX for 10 minutes?

Have you had FSX installed for a long time and this problem just started happening?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I get an occasional crash after being in flight for many minutes. I may leave the PC for 10 and come back and all's well until I interact w/ the PC, then FSX goes thru a 30 second period where the windoes hourglass displays, then finally get the Fatal Error, and get this message :

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61472.0

Application Timestamp: 475e17d3

Fault Module Name: FSUIPC4.dll <<<<<<<<<<<<< latest version, and prior version happened too

Fault Module Version: 4.8.5.3

Fault Module Timestamp: 50477966

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000343e5

This would be really useful information for me to support you if only it was with the latest version! As it is I cannot match the offset to the code now because things have changed so much between 4.853 and 4.86.

Please try with 4.86 and if you get it again, report the same data to me on my Support Forum. Also please supply the FSUIPC4.LOG file (paste its contents into the message). You will find the log in the FS Modules folder.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Your PC is a MAC, correct?

Thanks Vaughn, no it's not a Mac--just use my MBP for FSXFollow, and wasn't using that add on at the time of this crash.

Please try with 4.86 and if you get it again, report the same data to me on my Support Forum.

Great, will do, thanks ;o)

Or, are you "pausing" FSX for 10 minutes?

Have you had FSX installed for a long time and this problem just started happening?

No pausing, just stepped away for 10 min while at altitude on autopilot. I've had FSX installed non-stop for almost 5 years. Runs great. This error/crash has happened only rare-occasionally and always cites FSUIPC.dll, and has occurred w/ more than just this version. Thanks!

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Thanks Vaughn, no it's not a Mac--just use my MBP for FSXFollow, and wasn't using that add on at the time of this crash.

Ok

"This error/crash has happened only rare-occasionally and always cites FSUIPC.dll"

Does this mean within the last few days, months, years ... various FSUIPC versions etc?

Hopefully, a FSUIPC error code or other log entry will tell the reason.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Ok

"This error/crash has happened only rare-occasionally and always cites FSUIPC.dll"

Does this mean within the last few days, months, years ... various FSUIPC versions etc?

Hopefully, a FSUIPC error code or other log entry will tell the reason.

Sure, I think maybe the last 6+ months or so I began seeing this. I'd say maybe of every 15-20 times up this will occur.

Noel