Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mr340

What would a future Flight Simulator look like for PS4

Well HP announced a 6% drop in sales today so the global requirement for PC.s is slowly shrinking. Soon it will be as niche a market as the FSX market is. Interesting times ahead.

The only model I can see that could have the durability of FSX for a platform is one which is comprised of a very solid, robust core engine built to scale in the same direction as PC hardware, i.e., will take full advantage of multicore, larger amounts of ram, advanced graphical APIs, and has the SDK's to attract a large cadre of 3rd party development. This is the proven model in FSX, however FSX no longer scales in the direction of hardware. Any flight simulator build for the console domain will likely fall flat on its face quickly due to the lack of new addons which expand the depth and quality of the simulation over many years, making it attractive to both end users who don't mind investing in something w/ some serious service life as well as 3PD's who need a stable robust core to develop for. Maybe XPlane 64-bit will get there, it's still a little hard to say.

Just get your hopes up and stay with FSX :cool:

Trust me i will stay with FSX it gives you that problem every now an then but we manage sometime to get it fix right away . So it is worth it

The only model I can see that could have the durability of FSX for a platform is one which is comprised of a very solid, robust core engine built to scale in the same direction as PC hardware, i.e., will take full advantage of multicore, larger amounts of ram, advanced graphical APIs, and has the SDK's to attract a large cadre of 3rd party development. This is the proven model in FSX, however FSX no longer scales in the direction of hardware. Any flight simulator build for the console domain will likely fall flat on its face quickly due to the lack of new addons which expand the depth and quality of the simulation over many years, making it attractive to both end users who don't mind investing in something w/ some serious service life as well as 3PD's who need a stable robust core to develop for. Maybe XPlane 64-bit will get there, it's still a little hard to say.

Something like X plane is the closest i can see any simulator to come out for PS4 . But it is still hard to say. We still don't know all the features the ps4 game console will come out with .

I hope the controller for this future flight sim is not like this:

hahahahaha thats so funny but could be true . I for one wouldn't buy it/