Sign in to follow this  
DrumsArt

EEC Alternate Mode

Hello Bryan,

Great addon ! Btw the EEC ALTERNATE MODE seems don't work like expected according the procedure in the manuel.

The problem occurs at line 9. I'm supposed to disconnect the Auto Throttle [A], right ?

However it's the copilot who performs automatically all the procedure without waiting any response from me !

Question : what is correct, the manuel or the program ?

1. PM MASTER CAUTION - ENGINE

2. PF CHECK

3. PM [A] will extinguish the Master Caution Button

4. PF CONFIRM THE FAILURE or IDENTIFY

5. PM EEC ALTERNATE MODE

6. PF CONFIRMED

7. PF EEC ALTERNATE MODE CHECKLIST

8. PM AUTO-THROTTLE DISENGAGE (If Engaged)

9. PF AUTO-THROTTLE DISENGAGED -> [A] Disconnect the Auto-Throttle now

10. PM THRUST LEVERS (BOTH)... RETARD TO THE MID POSITION

11. PF THRUST LEVERS RETARD TO MID POSITION -> [A] Move the Thrust Levers to Mid position now

12. PM ENGAGE AUTO-THROTTLE

13. PF AUTO-THROTTLE ENGAGED -> [A] Re-engage Auto-Throttle now

Thank you again for this excellent addon !

Kind Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Hi Richard,

Glad you like it!

Correct, when the PM (FO) says autothrottle disengaged, you must manually disengage the auto throttle.

As the Pilot Flying, the A/T is in your area of responsibility.

You must turn off the A/T because you need to retard the throttles to the mid position.

Obviously if the A/T was on, you could not retard the throttle.

Cheers,

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for your answer.

But the program does not let me do !

The copilot made itself the tasks that I'm supposed to do !

This is exactly the problem/bug I described in my previous post.

Kind Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

But the program does not let me do !

The copilot made itself the tasks that I'm supposed to do !

This is exactly the problem/bug I described in my previous post.

Hi there, I just tried this and it worked fine. Could it be fact the AT disengages automatically when the EEC trips out to alternate mode that is creating the confusion? This appears to be NGX simulating some system characteristic, not the Emergency addon. This isn't really documented in the FCOMs.

Hi there, I just tried this and it worked fine. Could it be fact the AT disengages automatically when the EEC trips out to alternate mode that is creating the confusion? This appears to be NGX simulating some system characteristic, not the Emergency addon. This isn't really documented in the FCOMs.

Hi,

I think you are probably right. I noticed this fact also with Engine Failure in the manual procedure, so, it seems it's a feature/characteristic of the NGX. What is writen in the manual confuse me. Thank you for enlightening me.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

Made another try on this failure today and when the failure occurs, the A/T automatically disengages.

At the end of the checklist, when it says "Engage A/T", I am engaging A/T and speaking "Autothrottle Engaged", the system recognizes "Autothrottle disengaged" in the green bar, and the FO answers "Checked". There is something weird here.

If the software understands "A/T disengaged" and the A/T is on why does it say "checked" ? It should say something like "double check that" ?

vpa055.png