Sign in to follow this  
dysphoria

Stabily

Just a quick couple or questions about the stability of the NGX such as does anyone have any luck with time compression it seems to be ok in cruise with maybe 4x if the flight is relatively straight but anymore them x4 am it starts to not do to well.

I've also recently had problems where if I alt tab out of FSX when flying the NGX if I launch another game (Arma 2 in this case) when I return to FSX my plane textures are gone in the cockpit and from the external view to. I know this is more a fault for the FSX section but it only happens with the NGX

Thanks

Just a quick couple or questions about the stability of the NGX such as does anyone have any luck with time compression it seems to be ok in cruise with maybe 4x if the flight is relatively straight but anymore them x4 am it starts to not do to well.

I've also recently had problems where if I alt tab out of FSX when flying the NGX if I launch another game (Arma 2 in this case) when I return to FSX my plane textures are gone in the cockpit and from the external view to. I know this is more a fault for the FSX section but it only happens with the NGX

Thanks

ARMA 2 is an EXTREMELY intensive game on the cpu and GPU.. No wonder you come back to FSX and its all blurred..

If you really want to play Arma2 with FSX. Save the flight, [in case of overload and crash] and minimize it [taking less system resources]. When you have done playing, close Arma, open up FSX again, wait for the textures to come back [they will given a little time]..

Hope that helps

What does stabily Mean?

For a staff member, I found your reply to be most unhelpful to the user.

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Stability :) sorry I always minimise FSX so you think it will reload all the if left for a couple of minutes?

I didn't realise Arma2 was that intensive and with 16gb expected it to be able to handle it.

Ill do a little bit of experimenting and see.

Thanks

For what it's worth, I normally use - at MAX - a web browser. I have (had...) a computer that could handle FSX and more, but FSX isn't exactly the most stable thing out there, so I just avoid anything that could possibly create problems.

That includes changing from full screen to windowed (during a flight), minimizing the sim (sometimes when I restore it, the screen is black and won't recover), running task intensive programs, and so on.

Kyle Rodgers

Stability :) sorry I always minimise FSX so you think it will reload all the if left for a couple of minutes?

I didn't realise Arma2 was that intensive and with 16gb expected it to be able to handle it.

Ill do a little bit of experimenting and see.

Thanks

I often minimise FSX with few problems, but from widowed mode which is my default setting. ALT TAB from full screen mode is really pushing the limits of what FSX will tolerate. If in full screen I always pause the sim before trying ALT TAB or switching to windowed mode. Pausing seems to help FSX cope with such changes.

When I have had bad textures as you described, changing cockpit lighting , such as switching on the dome light, can force the sim to reload textures. But often it's a temporary fix as its a symptom of other things having gone wrong.

ki9cAAb.jpg