Sign in to follow this  
Sandy_Bridge

PACK lights

Hi everyone,

I have used 737NGX for a long time, but now i have noticed that, on 737-800, on the pneumatics panel, there should be PACK lights. But they're actually PACK TRIP OFF lights. The PACK TRIP OFF lights should only be on 737-600/700.

Mihkel Kiil

Ok. Thanks for that.

Maintainance Report :

Pilot comments : Too many words on Lightbulb lens

Resolution / Action taken : Gaffer tape put over ''Trip off'' part of lens. Now only reads ''Pack''.

:P :lol:

Hi everyone,

I have used 737NGX for a long time, but now i have noticed that, on 737-800, on the pneumatics panel, there should be PACK lights. But they're actually PACK TRIP OFF lights. The PACK TRIP OFF lights should only be on 737-600/700.

Hah! I hadn't noticed either. Did that change with the introduction of the 6/7 expansion?

Certificate of Sim Worthiness has been restored providing you conform to pack inoperative MEL restrictions and wear gimp mask above FL100!

Thanks for posting, I need to return home to see mine, do you have the latest (sp1c) version?

Yes

Did that change with the introduction of the 6/7 expansion

Not sure, I have always had the 737-600/700/800/900

Mihkel Kiil

Tried this afternoon and same here...

Definetly another thing to be fixed in sp2. A very small one.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Tried this afternoon and same here...

Definetly another thing to be fixed in sp2. A very small one.

Not so small, there are two different checklists in the QRH.

Mihkel Kiil

Not so small, there are two different checklists in the QRH.

Assuming it is only a bulb reason, nothing changes in the -400/800/900 logic, just use PACK on QRH istead of PACK TRIP OFF (other series).

I will test a failure to see if the different light function is simulated or it works like on the shortest versions.

However, it is simple to see... if PACK comes on without a pilot did a master caution recall it tripped off. If pack light will be on with a single failure (system still working) it lights up the PACK light only due to a pilot master caution recall.

That's the main difference and that is the main reason for a different light. Now, we just need to know how the ngx simulated the packs on the longer versions, it will have a trip off light only because they missed to change it or, they re-used the same -6/700 logic for it?

Regards

Andrea Daviero

There is nothing to test... ngx does not simulate a sistem fault or a system failure, so the difference is only the light name.

Other than taht, as far as I know, the ngx simulates only the trip off due to "user failures" wich normally trips the pack on ground.

I've checked all the failure pages listed regarding pneumatic and nearest system and have not found a single fault that can be triggered. So, when on the NGX the light is on, the pack has tripped off. Only a light bulb "missmatch"

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Well, for realism, it should still be a PACK light.

Not just for realism, it's what the manuals say too. The pneumatics panel is a major difference between 600/700 and 800/900 versions and the graphics should reflect that fully.

ki9cAAb.jpg