- cloud layers

- winds

- turbulence

- visibility

- precipitation

- temperature (I doubt...)

into X-Plane10 using a pluggin?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Not possible at the moment :/

Murmur says:

July 9, 2012 at 12:10 am

Will there be further developments of the cloud engine during the V10 run? I’m not referring to the “low-level” cloud rendering, but to the “higher level” generation of cloud shapes, patterns, distribution. The cloud engine is currently not capable of representing vertically developed clouds (towering cumuli, cumulonimbi, etc.).

If instead the current cloud engine is to be considered definitive for the V10 run, will it be possible to have access/override clouds creation via plug-ins?

Ben Supnik says:

July 10, 2012 at 2:43 pm

I don’t know if it’s final. We are not considering a cloud creation API. We may someday allow custom weather “scripting” via modified METAR files, but there’s a lot of other things that are higher priority.

Fellbatzen says:

July 13, 2012 at 3:54 am

I’d like to ask, if X-Plane 10 is – on the code side – ready / enabled to support third party weather addons, I love Real Environment Extreme for both FSX and X-Plane 9 and it would be AWESOME to see that coming to X-Plane 10 as well. It improved V9 just so much!

Ben Supnik says:

July 13, 2012 at 2:31 pm

There isn’t really a third party weather SDK right now. You can control the weather settings to a limited extent by writing your own METAR files or by poking datarefs.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Thx Murmur :/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

This really is something that the community needs to get behind, it's probably responsible for hindering the majority of simmers coming over to the platform.

• Upvote 1

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Great work!  Thx!

Main Simulation Rig:

I did wonder if new access to data refs in 10.30 might allow devs to make provide better weather injection? Frankly the current system is getting on my nerves a bit...

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Frankly the current system is getting on my nerves a bit...

yes, you are not alone. from my side, the weather in 10.30 is not good so like in some versions before (some strange shifts and less cloud overcast, rain from blue sky....... something like in FSX, that sucks, sorry)

But the correct weather depiction seems to be not so necessary in a flight simulator  :unsure:  :mad:  :angry:  :angry:  -> he ?? !!! (as i can read in the developer blog -> oculus rift have a higher priority at the moment -> but who the f.... have a oculus rift at the moment? (ok for the future, this is also important and very cool feature) -> but i think XP10 have much more other construction areas, which are more important, for third party developers, also ! hmm, "that´s all a matter of opinion", would somebody say........ :P

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

couldn't agree more! Imho just with stuff like real terra haze and photoscenery XP already looks much better than other mainstream sims,coupled with a more smooth performance.

Lack of a visually appeasing weather projection keeps me from simming fulltime in XP, which is a shame. I'm sure a LOT of ppl would come over to XP if they "fixed" that.

-Roland