Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Aerosoft announces New London Heathrow X

Nice but i wonder why. Many older ones could see a facelift, EGLL is not bad at all and we have TWO of them.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Thanks for the HU! Looks very promising, but I would prefer if they remade some other airports or develop some new ones.

Agreed. Large hubs like LTBA and don't get me started on Asia being forgotten....they want to do another EGLL?

I am interested in how this will compare with UK2000 EGLL V3. I would prefer an Amsterdam (EHAM) or Nice (LFMN) remake.

It seems like a lot of great airports for flying the 777 into are close to release. Very exciting I can hardly wait to fly out of NA.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I would prefer an Amsterdam (EHAM) or Nice (LFMN) remake.

Amsterdam would make sense to me, if they could make it more FPS friendly, but why would they remake Nice? That scenery's only two years old now, and the only thing I don't like about it is the ground image(grass).

And I personally think Frankfurt needs the redo a lot more. Guess we all have opinions.

- Aaron

Aerosoft's decisions sometime baffle me. Why produce another Heathrow when Orbx have an updated version in their new UK scenery? More importantly of course, Scenery2000 have a wonderful rendition, and why not just update the existing Aerosoft version, even though it is a frame hog like most of their other big hubs

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I have to say, I wouldnt buy it, and neither would I install it if it were free...

My last experience with anything made by sim-wings was rubbish... Really bad FPS, and looking at those screenshots, it looks like they still haven't sorted out the biggest and most obvious problem, in that from image #15 onwards, there is no airport when your coming in to land. Nothing at all, just a big flat patch-o-concrete and no runway papi lights... You fly that same path in UK2000 EGLL Extreme and you will see a huge difference to how the airport looks..

Remake or not, its not going to be a threat to UK2000 EGLL Extreme in my books..

why would they remake Nice? That scenery's only two years old now, and the only thing I don't like about it is the ground image(grass).

As a potential buyer, it seems from screen shots that the ground textures are blurry and the ground markings almost "float" above them. I should have used "update" instead of "remake".

As a potential buyer, it seems from screen shots that the ground textures are blurry and the ground markings almost "float" above them. Perhaps I should have used "update" instead of "remake".

Yes, they are indeed blurry, so I also think that an update would be good, but I think I remember Mr Kok of Aerosoft explaining the decision for those low(er) qualtiy textures in some magazine: He said that better textures would have required higher res photos which would have been a lot more expensive. (Sorry for going off topic)