Sign in to follow this  
jrowland

Anouncing the Bush Pilots Racing League

(apologize for the off-topic post, but I'm targeting MSFS racing enthusiasts, and I thought I might get a few more here than in the general AVSIM forums. If this is inappropriate, please let me know and I'll move it. I did want to wait until after the RTWR to avoid clogging up the forums with unnecessary chatter)

The BPRL is proud to anounce the The 2013 NISKA CUP Series racing season.

The Bush Pilots Racing League is a Microsoft Flight Simulator-based, points style racing league. The NISKA CUP is a series of race courses in which participants receive points based on their finishing time within each course. The NISKA CUP champion is the pilot with the most accumulated points over the duration of the racing season. The season is broken up into monthly race courses, with each course being of a relatively short duration (100-250 miles) consisting of multiple legs. The idea is that league pilots aren't required to devote a lot of time to the racing season (2 or 3 hours each month) and can fly the legs independently, spreading them out over multiple days or weekends.

The 2013 racing season will be eight (8) months long (Apr-Nov), incorporating eight different race courses. League top finishers will have their choice of product from a variety of commercial add-on vendors such as Orbx, Alabeo, and possibly others. BPRL members who are also FSEconomy members will also receive FSE v$ Prize Money.

Sign up today by viewing our website, reading the league charter and rules, creating an account on our forums site, and posting a pilot introduction.

https://sites.google.com/site/fsebprl

The Skagit Regional Practice Course is now open for all league pilots to get a feel for how the race courses will work and to get familiar with the FS-Duenna racing client, if necessary. Burn around this 100-mile course in various aircraft to practice grabbing and releasing the baton, recording your flight data and ensuring that your course data is uploading correctly to the race tracking event website.

Now with PilotEdge support! In addition to payware prizes from Orbx and Alabeo, PilotEdge has agreed to provide a prize package in the form of a voucher to be used toward membership costs for the Air Traffic Control network.

Payway prizes... $100+

BPRL Membership... $0

Racing against other like-minded pilots in "The fastest low-n-slow you'll ever go!"... priceless!

Join today! https://sites.google.com/site/fsebprl/

October Race is now open.

This race takes us to Idaho's scenic Frank Church River of No Return wilderness with a mix of backcountry airstrips as challenging as they get - with high altitudes, short runways, and some "dead-end" airports (which allow no second tries).

Join us for some scenic and exciting flying this month, at https://sites.google.com/site/fsebprl/2013-october-race

(You can find a primer how to join at http://bprl.freeforums.net/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=77)

BPRLIdahocreeksskyvector3.jpg