Sign in to follow this  
jont

Removing the default C172 VC bitmap?

Hi

Is there a way of removing the default C172 VC bitmap to make the view full -screen?

Cheers

Jont

The only way is to change the values in [Views] eyepoint= -3.95, -0.85, 2.1, which you find in the Aircraft.cfg.

You can try to change the first value to -1.95. In that case you place the view in front of the aircraft instead of inside the cockpit.

Staffan

Is there a way of removing the default C172 VC bitmap to make the view full -screen?

The simple answer is no. The VC images are on the same texture sheets as the rest of the aircraft. That said, it would be possible to edit each texture to render the the VC parts invisible. Requirements: DXTBMP or IMAGETOOL, a good image editor such as PSD, PSP or Gimp and the understanding of their use and finally, how to create and us alpha layers. Be sure to make back ups of anything you work on before you start!

By the way, even if the textures were separate, removing them would only cause the areas covered by the texture to be displayed in the default model color - usually gray.

Regards,

Mel

No more VC ?

Very simple and drastic solution (must be already posted in this forum) is to edit the model !

This can be made with a Hex Editor

In the model (mdl file) you must replace in the second stance where is the number 39 .. this number by the number 38

Simple as that ... and no more VC !

You can of course reverse the operation or make a backup (manually or automatically when saving the change in the Hex Editor !)

@jont

Check your personal message box for the tutorial (graphic)

A old post related !

http://forum.avsim.n...e__hl__removing

Opa can't be wrong !

Put this in your FS9.cfg:

[CONTROLS]

pan_in_cockpit_mode=1

Then you can pan around in 2D cockpit view with the hat switch just like you can in VC view. In 2D panel view press "W" twice to hide all panels and you now have a clear 360° view in all directions. Space bar or numpad "Del" will set your view straight forward again. You don't need to disable the VC and it'll still be there when you need it.

Jim

Staffan, Mel, Navtech and Jim - many thanks for taking the time to reply. Ematheson - I'm trying to achieve a full screen view (in VC mode ), but without the actual graphic of the cockpit. Jim the reason I want the VC full-screen (and not the 2D full-screen) - is to allow all the 'motion effects from Active Camera to be picked up. Interestingly I have seen this work - put Traffic View board into VC mode - then press shift and 1 to remove the viewing board - no cockpit image - but it is now full-screen and it 'bumps' along nicely to Active camera effects. We can 'fly' Traffic View board because it is essentially has the cfg file of the default C172. Navtech - does the hex editor remove the cockpit image or does it remove access to the the VC screen as a whole?

Cheers

Jont

I think the vc is a model file, maybe if you just changed that in model.cfg in the model folder

[models]

normal=Cessna172SP

interior=cessna172sp_interior

to

[models]

normal=Cessna172SP

interior=(something else, a blank one from traffic view board?)

maybe

Please remember to report back if any ideas work

Regards;

Fritz

Navtech - does the hex editor remove the cockpit image or does it remove access to the the VC screen as a whole?

It remove the cockpit image but you still have access to the VC screen mode (you will see the scenery forward you when you hit the command key for VC view :) )

I think the vc is a model file, maybe if you just changed that in model.cfg in the model folder

[models]

normal=Cessna172SP

interior=cessna172sp_interior

to

[models]

normal=Cessna172SP

interior=(something else, a blank one from traffic view board?)

maybe

Please remember to report back if any ideas work

Regards;

Fritz

Fritz, he's talking Fs9, not FsX!

Alex

Hi again

Fritz - yep as Alex says - this is Fs9, but thanks for your input....

Navtech - looks like this should do the trick - next thing is to place the instruments onto a separate monitor - so this should give me full (VC) screen with Active Camera motion effects on one monitor and a separate full-screen of instruments on the other.....well that's the theory........

Cheers

Jont

Hi Navtech - just edited the C172.mdl file - many thanks - cockpit image has now gone......

If I go to Views -> Instrument Panel -> Main Panel, I can now link the 2D instruments to the Active Camera motion effect full VC screen....

Cheers

Jont

Fritz, he's talking Fs9, not FsX!

Doh! :Doh:

but thanks for your input....

Thank you for your kindness :smile:

Regards;

Fritz