Sign in to follow this  
kmkc6403

Checking out FlyTampa OMDB

Some shots of FlyTampa's Dubai...i had the fps meter out to make sure it wasnt a framekiller...good news..it wasnt!

Computer Specs: i5-4690K 3.5 GHz overclocked to 4.0GHz / MSI GTX 960 4GB Video Card / 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz DDR3 System RAM / MSI Z97-G45 Motherboard / Crucial MX200 500GB mSATA SSD

I love FlyTampa products for their effective color contrast usage, efficient performance, and generous coverage of airport surroundings!

Dubai seems unique, but is located too far away from other well-modeled FSX regions.

Great shots! I guess I would be really scared if I were in that little plane, and surrounded only by such giants.

Dubai seems unique, but is located too far away from other well-modeled FSX regions.

I totally agree with you. The distance from any other scenery (I mean there's not really anything else around it but desert) might be a reason for the excellent performance.

The distance from any other scenery (I mean there's not really anything else around it but desert) might be a reason for the excellent performance.

Fortunately, FlyTampa Hong Kong and Vienna also perform excellently, even slightly better than FSDT LSZH does. From the comments of other users, it seems that FlyTampa airports (besides KBOS) are generally very efficient performers.

FlyTampa Hong Kong and Vienna also perform excellently,

Yup, you're right, Hong Kong's performance is stunning, too, but the others don't really amaze me, because they are (almost) only airports. But still, they do know how to create scenery in order to get excellent FPS.

I love FlyTampa products for their effective color contrast usage, efficient performance, and generous coverage of airport surroundings!

Hi. You can try downloading OLBA X and Lebanon Terrain X 1.5 freewares available in the AVSIM library http://library.avsim...D=fsx&Go=Search and it improves your fsx middle east area for Lebanon/Beirut. Please note that the distance between OMDB and OLBA is around 1,256 nm and OLBA is located on the sea and facing mountains which is a nice improvement for fsx. Also the downloads are available on www.flylebanon.net/download.html. Enjoy your flight!!

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

It's only a 6hr fligth from EGLL or 5hrs from LIRF and Athens.... that doesn't seem that long, does it?

Fortunately, FlyTampa Hong Kong and Vienna also perform excellently, even slightly better than FSDT LSZH does. From the comments of other users, it seems that FlyTampa airports (besides KBOS) are generally very efficient performers.

FSDT's airports are the biggest FPS hogs that I've seen to date.

It's only a 6hr fligth from EGLL or 5hrs from LIRF and Athens.... that doesn't seem that long, does it?

For someone who can only fly two days per week, it is. I much prefer flying two or three two-hour flights instead.

FSDT's airports are the biggest FPS hogs that I've seen to date.

FSDT LSGG and LSZH are quite performance-friendly, at least compared to Aerosoft EDDM and UK2000 EGKK and EGLL. However, when I was considering purchases during FSDT's 40% sale, I did observe that its United States airports were less performance-friendly.