Sign in to follow this  

A330 LCD Screens

Hi,The only Airbus aircraft that I know of that have steam gauges on the flight deck are the A300 and A310 series. The A320, A330, and A340 series have always had LCD or CRT (not too sure what they are exactly - the glass style anyways) displays.Kyle CF-AOA

Guest mikehaska

Err... Kyle, "Steam" (more correctly called analogue) gauges are a completely different topic than CRT/LCD.If you are looking for some good information on why LCD's are the preferred choice over CRT's now, there's some good information in this post: http://www.airliners.net/discussions/tech_...d.main/57997/4/As per your question- the LCDs were phased in with the introduction of the a340-500/600 series, with them being installed on all models afterwards, including the a318 and the a380. I believe Boeing offered LCDs on the 777 before Airbus did, too.

Yeah Squidgee,I know the difference between CRT and LCD but actually never gave much thought to what Airbus or Boeing uses, To me it's still just "glass".What I was trying to convey in the first post, was that The A300 and A310 use analogue gauges vs. glass type displays in the the newer gen of aircraft. I can't recall ever seeing an analogue version of the A330:)But, LCD's do make sense for use in aircraft. What, about 1/5 the weight of a CRT? And the smaller size makes for and easier installation too!Ciao,Kyle CF-AOA