Sign in to follow this  
Stelios

ATC sound

Is there a way I can hear the ATC sound volume higher while I fly the PMDG 737NGX?. All the levels o the FSX are set to 50 and when I connect to ATC I can hardly hear the voices.

stelios

Stelios Christofides

I believe you only have to change the voices settings in volume menu to 100%. If it's still too low, you can try lowering everything else to 40, including ngx sound in the FMC, although PMDG recommends everything at 50.

The problem is that you'll get good volume in flight but too loud on the ground. I don't know if there's an easier way to change the volume in flight. Was that your doubt?

Pedro Espindola

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own2_378x68.jpg

I use a USB headset and in the FSX Settings Sound page set 'Sounds' to the sound card and 'Voice' to the USB headset. Sounds come through the speakers and ATC through the headset the volume of which can be adjusted separately. This arrangement also works well with VATSIM.

As regen70 said, you should have it going through separate devices. Trying to cram all of the sound through one source (your speakers) is going to give you problems. In the real plane (headsets or not), you're going to find that the ambient noise (engines, packs, etc) comes from all around you, and ATC comes from a point source (your headset, or the overhead speaker). Even though the ambient noise can be loud (particularly on the 73s), you can still discern the sound a little better because the sources are different. Currently, all of your sounds are coming from one device, in one direction, which is difficult for your ears/brain to digest.

As a VATSIM controller, I very strongly recommend, and also request, that you have a headset if you're going to try flying online. It's a pain when we have to repeat ourselves on every instruction because the pilot had to press Q to turn the sound off so that they can hear us, and then press Q again to continue hearing the sim sounds.

Kyle Rodgers

You request pilots to use a headset? What's the probability of success for such a request? I find it really hard to hear what some people say sometimes, but I have never requested them to use a headset. I have requested them to use text tho, many times

vatsim s3

1133704.png

I understand what Kyle is saying and he is right if you are going to join VATSIM and fly on line, but if you are not and just want to have the option to hear the ATC commands just a bit louder than the simulation sounds it should be a possibility to do this. That's all i want.

stelios

Stelios Christofides