Sign in to follow this  
VOR_Active

CTD with PMDG 737NGX

Hello,

I had a CTD with my 737NGX after starting the engines and viewing outside for some seconds.

Suddenly the simulation paused and a window appeared saying to Restart. I clicked on the details button and below is what I got

Problemereignisname: BEX

Anwendungsname: fsx.exe

Anwendungsversion: 10.0.61637.0

Anwendungszeitstempel: 46fadb14

Fehlermodulname: unknown

Fehlermodulversion: 0.0.0.0

Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 00000000

Ausnahmeoffset: 0000000

Ausnahmecode: c0000005

Ausnahmedaten: 00000008

Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.

Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

I am sorry that this is in german but I think the numbers say it all.

What kind of a problem is this? It is not happening all the time. I am not sure, but I think this happens when I am viewing from outside or I am looking the left or right wing. When I am 'staying' in the cockpit it seems everything is OK:

Thank you for your help.

There is no known solution. You had a Buffer Overflow Exception - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffer_overflow and, most likely, you will receive a StackHash faulting module error that is nearly impossible to determine what is at fault. The most recent topics here in the CTD forum relate to BEX/StackHash CTD's so I would recommend checking them out. Some found solutions. I would take a hard look at everything you had loaded at the time of the CTD... the PMDG, GSX?, AES?, etc. Try running FSX without the PMDG loaded. Run a default aircraft. Does the crash still occur? If you get another crash, it would be nice if you could download and run AppCrashView - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html as it provides more information relating to the crash.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello Jim,

i always load FSX with the default airplane first and then i run the PMDG 737NGX. This is the way that PMDG recommends. I don't have GSX and not AES but i have many Aerosoft addon airports, ORBX Regions, GEX for Europe, Afrika and Amerika, AI Traffic, and FSGlobal Ultimate for The Americas and Europe - Africa.

After i wrote my first post i made again the same flight but without any CTD and that was because i 'stayed' in the cockpit without viewing the airplane from outside. So, i am certain that this CTD has to do with the external views. The same happened, sometime ago,with my PMDG MD-11. I was flying and after some quick external views, later this window came out asking to restart or to find the solution online.

Now something very strange: when i load the 737NGX with the engines running, next to the RWY and just make a free flight and at that time im viewing from outside, then nothing happens! The CTD comes only when i start with dark and cold cockpit and when i prepare the cockpit and airplane for the flight and of course when viewing from outside.

This is really crazy because apart from that, everything runs so smooth!

The CTD comes only when i start with dark and cold cockpit and when i prepare the cockpit and airplane for the flight and of course when viewing from outside.

Probably caused by something to do with your default startup flight plan. It's trying to load something, can't find it, and crashes. I'm afraid I can't help you with this type of crash as there are just too many variables but I would try renaming your fsx.cfg to fsx.orig (in case you want it back), restart fsx and let it rebuild. Fixes a lot of startup problems.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you Jim for your help. I will download the AppCrashView and in case i will get another CTD i will report back.

I will also try with the FSX.cfg but mind you, i am not the computer tweaking expert so renaming the .cfg and start FSX to create another fsx.cfg, is a bit scary for me if something goes bananas during this process, so how safe is it?

BTW, is there any chance to see a solution in the future about those CTDs?

To rename your fsx.cfg, go to the folder where the fsx.cfg is located (C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX). Right click on it and select rename. Rename it to FSX.orig. Restart FSX and the config will be rebuilt (to the default settings). You'll have to go into the FSX settings and reset your sliders but I would first try your flight and see if it fixed the problem. If not, you can go back to the folder that has the FSX.cfg and delete it, then rename the fsx.orig to fsx.cfg.

BTW, is there any chance to see a solution in the future about those CTDs?

There is no known solution to these CTD's, not here, or with the experts at Microsoft. BEX crashes happen occasionally and it's hit or miss when trying to find a solution. Looking at recent posts here, many people have resolved this crash but no one has fixed it the same way as someone else. It's basically a system problem.

Are the crashes still occurring? If not, perhaps your problem is already solved (shutting down FSX and restarting or shutting down Windows and restarting). I wish I could give you a more positive solution but there is none for most FSX crashes. If you run that AppCrashView program, you should see all the crashes on your system since you installed Windows.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Jim,

I will follow your advice and i will keep a closer eye om this although, as i wrote earlier, this happens only when im viewing the airplane from outside and that is not always.

Thank you once again for the great help.