Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

You know you spend too much time on FSX/X-Plane when...

You know you spend too much time on FSX/X-Plane when:

1. You're sat on a real airplane looking out of the window, thinking "Wow good graphics, no blurries".

2. You know the exact name of the approach, and can see the VOR out the window and know its frequency and name, and that the plane is about to turn.

3. The best picture you have of your holiday is the one you took of the cockpit of the 737

4. You have charts on your iPad and check them during a real flight as a passenger.

5. When the plane is going down the runway, you say in your head "V1, V2, Rotate"

Also I used to be a nervous flyer, the PMDG 737 has cured me. I now know just how safe these things are and strict checklists and policies are

you do a procedure turn to park the car in a lot

Ha, good one guys.

When you're in the air and you keep wanting to press the slew key to get a better view of that nice sunset!

Or sadly, you no longer marvel at the pilots smooth turns and amazing constant descent rate, knowing they're button jockeys just twiddling the A/P control panel!

Yeah, so very true. Another thing I do all the time is when someone says they're flying somewhere, I'm instantly thinking "Singapore Airlines a330, GURAK4 departure, blah, blah, blah." Quite funny.

"V1, V2, Rotate"

+1, I do that all the time.

When you're in the air and you keep wanting to press the slew key to get a better view of that nice sunset

Ha ha absolutely. I keep thinking, I wish I could pan left/right to see the view :-)

Looking up in the sky, seeing the planes pass by and thinking "Those contrails look sooo real!"

3. The best picture you have of your holiday is the one you took of the cockpit of the 737

It's funny cause its true :lol:

When I drive my car via highway, at some speed I really want to pull my steering wheel :smile:

Few times I went in a seriously trouble because of charts I always carry with me when I fly (as pilot or passenger no matter), stupid security guys thought its confidential or so... :ph34r: And yea, I always wear my flight uniform when I fly as passenger, it kinda looks good B)

Yeah, so very true. Another thing I do all the time is when someone says they're flying somewhere, I'm instantly thinking "Singapore Airlines a330, GURAK4 departure, blah, blah, blah." Quite funny.

+1, I do that all the time.

same here lol.. taking off from Jakarta to Bali, I could picture the SID and when holding I perhaps the only one who wasnt worried by it too much while perhaps most of the pax were having dreadful racing thoughts.. oh well this is embarrassing but when driving I sometimes pushed or and switched the stereo knob/switches as if they were, you know... :P Should I be worried?

Have a nice weekend captains :)

LOL funny stuff AND "real"!!!! Thanks guys/gals for starting my Friday off with a laugh. Good stuff!!

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

I'm sure the thoughts of frame rates pop into every FSX users minds. It would happen to me long ago when I could not run FS9 maxed out, I'd start wondering how many FPS the pilots were getting before laughing to myself at my absurdity.

1. You're sat on a real airplane looking out of the window, thinking "Wow good graphics, no blurries".

:lol:

Regards;

Fritz

Contact ATC for clearance before entering the bedroom to sleep with your spouse :lol:

When flying as a passenger, charting along on my iPad charts and just before TOD you listen for the engines to cutback.

Recently I was backing my car out of a parking space, I backup (pushback) at 90degree even thought I didnt have to and for a moment thinking I needed ATC clearance, my wife look at me and said; "yes you are cleared to taxi", I look over at her; she was just shaking her head, I cracked up laughing. I did turn on the head lights to save face.

When you hear the autoplilot button disengaged on final before landing (if your seat is close to the cockpit)

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM