Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

You know you spend too much time on FSX/X-Plane when...

activate the compass on your phone and identify the the RWY in use :lol: & at night landing lights on, there goes FL100.

activate the compass on your phone and identify the the RWY in use

Please, I listen to the ATIS on my scanner before boarding!

+1 Ha ha, I feel sorry for mine. I do this as well :-)

yes hon, nodding her head whilst reading her book

ZORAN

When you know which runway you're leaving from before you leave home

If I can't sleep I have to get up and edit my .cfg

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Funnily enough I was on a flight yesterday coming back to my home airport that had to do a missed approach because of poor visibility. Without thinking and before the captain actually did the missed approach, I told the flight attendant who was sat opposite me that we were on a non-precision VOR approach (Luckily I didn't give the name of the approach, although I know :-) ) and that the captain will probably need to perform a missed approach and divert to another airport, the attendant looked at me like I was smoking something. Surely enough they aborted the landing at the last minute and diverted to the nearest airport with an ILS.

Funny the things we pick up just using FSX. I could see that lots of people were very nervous on that flight, perhaps they should try FSX for a bit :-)

Funnily enough I was on a flight yesterday coming back to my home airport that had to do a missed approach because of poor visibility. Without thinking and before the captain actually did the missed approach, I told the flight attendant who was sat opposite me that we were on a non-precision VOR approach (Luckily I didn't give the name of the approach, although I know :-) ) and that the captain will probably need to perform a missed approach and divert to another airport, the attendant looked at me like I was smoking something. Surely enough they aborted the landing at the last minute and diverted to the nearest airport with an ILS.

Did the flight attendant say anything after that?

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Haha, this is a good thread allright, I do a lot these things all the time! I was talking to a prosecutor in the court room when she asked me how my attempt at organizing a date went, and I made the following explanation: "pretend that you are on final approach, 10nm out in a 737, which is a twin engined jet. Then all of a sudden, MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY we have double engine failure and are going down, we are not going to make it to the runway!!! Please organise the emergency services! Oh yes, and this is bad because the 737 only has two engines!"

She thought it was funny but there we go! Seems like FSX and our beloved hobby is taking over our lives completely. Good to see that I am not alone though, I was beginnig to develop complications.

Kind regards

Did the flight attendant say anything after that?

I'm not sure whether she really understood what I said (I'm guessing they have some sort of training on stuff like this though). She asked me later on the second attempt if I could see anything out of the window, which we couldn't and then shortly after spoke to the captain who announced we were going elsewhere. On the way off the plane she asked me if I flew a lot :-)

the attendant looked at me like I was smoking something. Surely enough they aborted the landing at the last minute and diverted to the nearest airport with an ILS.

hahaha nice one!

On a flight to from Singapore to Perth, the captain went around (probably for windshear, can't remember if he said anything in the announcement) and I was telling the person next to me (probably boring them!!) about the missed approach procedures for the ILS "Well, a straight climb to 1500', left climbing turn 300 degrees and 3000' and then as directed by ATC"-Probably thought I was mad!!!

Once, some of my friends woke me up, after I have got IFR clearance to Palma (LEPA) :D

Or two hours into the flight, start looking for the pause button so you can go and have a cigarette!

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

When your at the airport and thinking, "wow McPhat studios really made HD repaints for the plane"

Remy Mermelstein

Remymerm@aol.com

777-300 FS Pilot

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein
777-300 FS Pilot, Deltava

P3Dv4.1, ASP4, UTLive, ReShade + URP + PTA, All settings max'd, i7 Core Extreme @ 5.2gHz, GTX 1080, CyberpowerPC Gaming Laptop, 500GB SSDx2, 32GB DDR4 RAM. 

39990572681_f326ac97d7_o.jpg

5. When the plane is going down the runway, you say in your head "V1, V2, Rotate"

I do this all the time. I was actually on us airways flight 858 MBJ-PHL the other day and the flight attendant was sitting next to me. As I usually say to myself all the different stages of the flight and procedures, I did this time and the flight attendant was staring at me with a weird face. At TOD I heard the engines roll back a bit (I was sitting right behind them) and I started going over the STAR and approach on my charts on my iPad and that's when the flight attendant got really interested. She started asking me questions and I told her what I was doing and what the approach would be like into PHL. When we landed I was able to talk to the captain and it turns out, I was right about everything!!

Remy Mermelstein

Remymerm@aol.com

777-300 FS Pilot

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein
777-300 FS Pilot, Deltava

P3Dv4.1, ASP4, UTLive, ReShade + URP + PTA, All settings max'd, i7 Core Extreme @ 5.2gHz, GTX 1080, CyberpowerPC Gaming Laptop, 500GB SSDx2, 32GB DDR4 RAM. 

39990572681_f326ac97d7_o.jpg