Sign in to follow this  
thepitts

Best Heavy--lite

Just to add: the QW Avro can be switched to "lite" mode as well. Another plus id think you like is that it has 4 jets (like a heavy) but is designed for shorter hops. Their 757 fits your requirement as well I believe.

It also has excellent short field performance, if you are light then it only needs about 2500 feet of runway...

G

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk. Typing errors expected....

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Another QW757 and QW RJ fan.

If you like CLS, their MD-80 series is pretty nice.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Yet you're not going to actually offer a suggestion... anyway...

CLS have a DC-10 and a 747-200. Not sure what they're like, but the pics look ok. I have their MD-82, which isn't bad for a-bash-about-the-sky plane. They also have an A-330, but something just doesn't look right, which is shame because there aren't many options with that popular liner. I know CLS isn't really on your radar, which does probably only leave the QW 757 - the 'heavy' wake turbulence category is as close as you'll get to heavy.

None of the alternatives listed in this thread are actual heavy airplanes.

Maybe that is, because the OP excluded most of what there is in his first post.

For example the CLS 767, which is very beautifilly modelled, seems to be overpowered to me, and the trim seems a bit strange. Their 747 doesn't really have a nice VC, besides they are redoing it at the moment.

CS seem to have a problem with FDE, at least with some planes, and I'm not a friend of their sales policy (except maybe the 10$ sales), so I wouldn't like to recommend those. And they only have two planes (707, 767) that would fit into the "heavy category" (or three, if the 757 counts, but then again the QW wins for me).

As for the freeware heavies, the problem is that they don't have a FMC at all, though it's possible to fit in either the Honeywell FMC or one of Ernie Alston's ISG FMCs. In this case you could go for Thomas Ruth's aircraft and the POSKY 747 and T7.

Regards,

Flo

I LOVE QW757. Right now I'm debating whether to buy the QW 146, or the NGX series....I'm only interested in the 600/700 though, so that will be an expensive purchase.

I LOVE QW757. Right now I'm debating whether to buy the QW 146, or the NGX series....I'm only interested in the 600/700 though, so that will be an expensive purchase.

Both are great, the FMC in the QW RJ is quite light, but works. The NGX is just fantastic though, given the choice I would go for the NGX first. Unless you really want the STOL ability of the RJ.

G

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk. Typing errors expected....

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

None of the alternatives listed in this thread are actual heavy airplanes.

Actually the 757 was originally classified as a heavy, until the FAA changed the designation a few years ago. However if you ever get hit with a 757 wake you will think 'heavy' is a huge understatement :-)

Jay