Sign in to follow this  
doudou

MSE Florida 2.0- West of Lake Okeechobee

Don't think vehicular traffic in MSE works if you don't have UTX.

GTX 1660 Ti

I do not have UTX installed (own it though) and I have lots of car traffic.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Ok, that lake in the screenshots is watermasked, hence FSX will use whatever texture or color you have set (if using REX for example) for inland lakes/rivers.... So the actual color of that lake can be changed by REX or another product that can modify your textures. As for those land textures missing, I don't see those either. Perhaps another UTX/GEX type addon is interfering there?

Guys, a bit of off topic question (sorry). On this new MSE 2.0, is it strictly photo scenes, or can you actually see hills and mountains rise at lower altitudes ?

Yes of course you can see hills and mountains :) And they generally look really good in MegaSceneryEarth too because they are textured just like they are in real life. The MSE 2.0 textures simply overlay on top of your terrain mesh. Take a look at some of our MSE 2.0 videos on YouTube which show how the mountains look (check out the Vermont/New Hampshire videos in particular) - http://www.youtube.com/user/pcaviatoraustralia

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

I have been eyeing Florida. I was wondering, are there any clouds on the imagery, or is it clean? previous version had some problems in that department...

I haven't check the whole state (yet), but yes there are some clouds here are there. They are very sparse in number and quite isolated. Most all of the state is pretty clear really, but yes, you will come across the odd cloud in Florida.

Vehicular traffic does work in MSE 2.0 without UTX - It shows the default road traffic on major highways/roads etc.

Some of the videos on the site mentioned above show the traffic on roads with MSE 2.0.

I am looking at this too and will be interested to find out about traffic and addon areas.

I have never used a Mega Earth so not sure how it works. I do have Miami, FlyTampa, and creating my local airports. Looking at Fort Lauderdale too.

So does this interfere with any of these things?

Look at the videos on the page mentioned above, and you can see exactly how it looks in FSX. Regarding other airport scenery products, generally these will work with few or no problems with MegaSceneryEarth 2.0. You just need to make sure the airport scenery is layered higher in the Scenery Library.

Dean

Thanks for the feedback! I'll probably buy it sometime in the future... Too many other expenses right now to be able to get anything for FSX.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Look at the videos on the page mentioned above, and you can see exactly how it looks in FSX. Regarding other airport scenery products, generally these will work with few or no problems with MegaSceneryEarth 2.0. You just need to make sure the airport scenery is layered higher in the Scenery Library.

What a great guy for taking the time to answer everyone's questions!

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

Thank you for your answers, PCpilot.

Uh, I think you meant PCAviator? I appreciate the comments from the developers here too!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

No problems folks. Happy to help!

BTW, the MegaSceneryEarth 2,0 Florida video is just being uploaded to our YouTube page now! :)

Dean

In my opinion there is nothing Mega Scenery 2 does that I can't do with FSGenesis and GEX using similar settings in FSX.

And I can do it for a lot less money.

I purchased Mega Scenry 2 Virginia and was sorely dissapointed.

I have the previous versions for entire CA, Arizona, Utah, Las Vegas and NewMexico...They look awesome. I wonder if the new version looks better?

There are no new versions for those states. MSE v2.0 is still East of the Mississippi River.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

In my opinion there is nothing Mega Scenery 2 does that I can't do with FSGenesis and GEX using similar settings in FSX.

And I can do it for a lot less money.

I purchased Mega Scenry 2 Virginia and was sorely dissapointed.

Sorry you were disappointed :(

Of course, FSGenesis + GEX does not give you actual photoreal scenery, so that is one thing MSE 2.0 can do :)

There are no new versions for those states. MSE v2.0 is still East of the Mississippi River.

Ray

Ray, You will be happy to know that Mississippi is the next state to be released. We are hoping to have that one ready to go for this coming weekend :)

Dean