That seriously looks awesome. If I had the money, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. With one of those, you get a much better "feel" for the power of the CFMs on takeoff. :Big Grin:

After reading your post and drooling a bit, I popped over to the Jetmax website. Now, Im not one for product placement, but the pic that greeted my eyes (see below) just about made me lose my breakfast. Usually, most new product posts just elicit a "Yeah, that would be cool" response, jaded as I have become to the latest and greatest FS addon. But I tell you, this, to me, is the holy grail, and it moved to the top of my "Wow, when I win the lottery ..." list; well, almost to the top (after my humanitarian efforts, yada yada yada, of course}.

Anyway, is this not the ultimate???

Well, the ultimate would be a full cockpit with surround visuals :)

Right now I am trying to decide between the jetmax and a full dual trainer.

The difference beside the cost, would be the space you save with a single trainer.

I'm trying to think up a plan for a system which would allow me to use a jetmax and interchange with a cinema setup.

Kill 2 birds with one stone :)

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Oooo... Mine ships out next week and I can't wait.

Looks like you also got the TQ Stand? I'd like to get one but I'm not sure how I'd get it to join up with my CDU bay. Guess I could build a little angled section to bolt the two together maybe.

Oooo... Mine ships out next week and I can't wait.

Looks like you also got the TQ Stand? I'd like to get one but I'm not sure how I'd get it to join up with my CDU bay. Guess I could build a little angled section to bolt the two together maybe.

You might want to contact Peter and Steve for the angled section. I believe it comes with the Jetmax.

I see in your blog you've decided to build a full dual trainer?

I see in your blog you've decided to build a full dual trainer?

Heh, slowly it'll probably turn into that. I've been bitten by the bug to have a full setup but it's going in bits and pieces.

My new "version 2" panels for my custom desktop MIP will be here in about 2 weeks. So I'll be using that with the overhead, and new FMS and TQ probably till next year while I save for buying up a full MIP panel set.

My new "version 2" panels for my custom desktop MIP will be here in about 2 weeks. So I'll be using that with the overhead, and new FMS and TQ probably till next year while I save for buying up a full MIP panel set.

Good to hear. I am debating if I should go the Jetmax route or purchase the flyengravity captain and middle sections first. The problem with the jetmax is there is no opportunity to expand if you later decide you want a full MIP.

The issue with flyengravity is their desktop series do not come with subpanels and their stand is geared more towards the 'pro' MIP.

Decisions decisions...