Sign in to follow this  
BlueLemon

ADF1 ADF2 help please

I would Like to know how to read a VOR/NBD in EFB please ??

So i have EFB and i use it every time i fly . so i did the tutorial again to understand how to use the ADF1 and ADF2 witch is Flying from EGLL to LSZH

departing RWY 27L via DVR4G the tutorial is very clear.

So he has tuned

ʻLONʼ for the DVR/CRS and ʻDET/273ʼ

and Enter ʻ316ʼ for ADF2 and ʻ109.5ʼ for the DME reading

SO i load up EFB and i see some of the INFORMATION but i would Like to understand it

so i can do it on my own ..

I would Be thankful if any one of you guys can explain to me a Little bit how to be able to look at EFB read the INFO for the VOR and the NBD because they are all there but i dont know what to look at exactly ,, and put it in the FMC

One'c i know how to read it of the EFB i will be able to put it in the FMC

I would Love to learn this

Thank you

I've heard that ADF2 is not modeled in FSX or something weird like that? I can't confirm that so take it with a grain of salt. This is why the ADF2 on the 737NGX have little "INOP" stickers on them.

- Sean Lewis

Guest BeaverDriver

No, the MD-11 does have (and can use) dual ADF receivers. I'm just not sure what he means by EFB. Is this an add-on that you have al1234?

I dont know what EFB is, but NDB is easy. Just enter the freq in the FMC and press the NDB switch 1 or 2 or both and you should see the needles . No DME data with NDB remember.

Peter

Peter Schluter

Thank you for the reply

Yes EFB is my Flight plain addon so because i have the full map that EFB provides . i can see every waypoint and VOR , NBD and DME . Basically i dont know what Info goes where , is there a Little tutorial or any one can walk me through

I have all the INFO i need on the map that EFB provides it's just that i dont know what goes where Maybe Because i am looking at it in a Different way

thank you

If you Like i can provide a screen shot ??

The EFB chart has a small circle to identify VOR/ADF/NDB stations. For each station there will be a rectangular box with a line connecting it to the station. The box contains the Freq and identifier. Tune the appropriate radio for the desired station. If it is ADF or NDB your needle will point in its direction FROM THE NOSE OF YOUR PLANE. If the compass rose is set to your heading then it will show the proper heading to get to it. It is easier just to center the needle if that is what you want to do.

ADF/NDBs are valuable for determining time past a point or the radial, etc.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Just to say, in the MD-11 you don't need any VOR and NDB frequencies at all. You just enter the identifiers on the NAV RAD page and the MD-11 will automatically tune to the desired frequency.

I appreciate all the replies

But just Like you said there is Freq and identifier this is correct My Simple Question is witch one goes where

what goes in ADF1 and witch one goes in ADF2 ??

that is what i am trying to figure out :) :)

ADF1 and ADF2 are simply that..you have two seperate ADF/NDB receivers. It is up to you whether you use one or both or none. If you put a ADF/NDB frequency in number1, you need to press the number1 button on the glareshield to display it.

Peter

Peter Schluter

Guest BeaverDriver

It's exactly the same as VOR 1 and VOR 2. As Peter said, put whichever one you want in the #1 receiver and the other in the #2 receiver. Then if you click on the ADF1 on the MCP, that will show up on one pointer, and if you click the ADF2 button on the MCP, that too will show up on another pointer. No more complex than that :).