Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

AOTD for 2/22/13 - Glacier Highway Tunnel

This is a repeat of Nov. 8, '12. I remember it being a fun one. If you missed it earlier, now's your chance to collect it.

Enjoy.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I thought I had a pic of this one.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I am pleased to report, after all the hours I have in Flight - I have finally done my first aerocache hunt. Had to do Hinolii Cove or something like that, to unlock further hunts - now I am off to see if I can grab this one.

Glad to see you joining the "Aerocache" club, Don. I think you'll enjoy this little added dimension to Flight.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

Well I got this one without much trouble, now I see one called Iditarod that I am trying , not much luck on first attempt, will keep trying it. Nice to be enjoying Flight once again, took a little break there.

A tip - I've found the "hunt" is much more satisfying if you turn off all the aerocache detection widgets and just look for them in Free Flight.

It's even better if you look it up first just to see what it's all about, and also if you plan a normal flight from some distant location with a flight plan, and also if you do stop-and-gos along the way (including at seaplane bases! B) ), and also if you go off the beaten path and explore the wilderness or the lovely vistas, and also ... well, you get the idea! :lol:

Best regards.

uis

Well I am using the detection for now, at least until I get more used to doing these, at least I know when I get in the general vicinity.

What I am doing is looking up the location on google maps, compared to the starting location, then loading up GMap for Flight and comparing it to the google map, and follow the course on GMap. Worked ok for me for the first couple I have done.

When I feel I am pretty good at finding, I will turn off the detections.

I've collected everyone of them Don and if I'm not real familiar with the area, I use the HUD and detector too. After all it's a tool.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor