Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

VOX 6.16 error

I just intalled the new version after doing a complete FSX reinstall. For some reason, when I enable VOX, I get a FATAL ERROR message but I'm not sure why. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

NAX669.png

Thanks for the reply. I ran the indexer again but no luck.

NAX669.png

weird - i ran the installer right on top of the old version and it updated just fine. Maybe you should uninstall / re install at this point. Not sure what else to try.

Yeah, you're probably right. I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

NAX669.png

I had the same problem, (drives you insane) After uninstall I ran registry repair program, to get rid of all old signs of voxatc.

Re-installed it again and works great.

Good luck.

You can also try to check the voices you have if they are still installed.

I had same kind of "Fatal Error" issue and it was lied to the voices I had. Checking them one by one through the Voice Configuration program helped me to see that I had to reinstall some of them.

Actually, my Fatal Error occured during initialisation phase and after earing some "test" phrases.

Is it your case?

Actually, my Fatal Error occured during initialisation phase and after earing some "test" phrases.

VOX will go through all of the voices and just before it is about to start I get the error message.

NAX669.png

Running the indexer was how I solved this problem, because it didn't recognize all variations of the LDS 767 that I use.

Well, I finally figured it out. When I reinstalled all of my voices, I didn't install the voxpop server. It's working now. I love this program except for the way it handles AI traffic. Thanks for your help everyone.

NAX669.png

Should one not uninstall 6.05 and just install 6.16 on top of it. It's going to be a pain if I have to re-install all my voices.

I have the VOXPopServer and it's voices, I have about 6 other voices and they are configured just how I like them. Controller voices/speed vs. other voices.

So would I have to setup these all over again?

Thanks,

Ray

p.s. This is a wonderful program and I love it.

Should one not uninstall 6.05 and just install 6.16 on top of it. It's going to be a pain if I have to re-install all my voices.

I have the VOXPopServer and it's voices, I have about 6 other voices and they are configured just how I like them. Controller voices/speed vs. other voices.

So would I have to setup these all over again?

Thanks,

Ray

p.s. This is a wonderful program and I love it.

Bumping it up.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Last night I just went for it...installing right over top of previous version (of course copied the directory off to a safe place first)

The install went fine.

Here's what I noticed:

The enable seemed to go faster, it says version 6.16, but does not go through all my voices and variations filter vs unfiltered like it used too. Not sure if that's a problem.

Next, I started a VFR flight and it seemed to fix a problem I was having at a local class E airport. The problem I was having is that it kept repeating the same instruction twice. That seems to be fixed. Calling unicom for airport info I get only one reply.

After departing I messed up the call to approach to get flight following and all seem to go down hill from here. First, I got an unable from the controller...so I thought I'll wait and try again. Then the controller started giving my traffic, so i thought all was well...I got hand offs also, but also I noticed is that I was not hearing nearly as much chatter as before. My traffic level is at 60%...I see a lot of planes around me but not as much chatter. Within 30 miles of destination I tried to get hand off into Bravo airspace...did not work, tried getting hand off to approach...did not work...tried getting hand off to tower...did not work.

So, maybe I just mess that first call up (I've seen this before). I'll try it again this evening. Also, I did notice is that my call sign is now Cessna 12345 instead of November 12345

Anybody else care to share their new version experience?

-Ray