Sign in to follow this  
avgaskoolaid

Virtualcol Fokker 50 v3- opinions?

Has anyone bought the new Fokker 50 by Virtualcol? I was looking into buying it as it is only $10 at the major FS sites, but I would still like to hear some opinions before I buy it. Thanks.

Hamoody

Not worth it. It is full of bugs: landing lights always on, almost impossible to toggle anything in the VC, buttons/lights in the overhead are not working.

I deleted it from my PC.

Pierre

Pierre

Wish I had found this thread earlier. Riddled with bugs and crashes FSX :mad: AND there's no uninstaller :excl:

Hmmm what kind of crash have you got?

It's full of bugs for sure but so far I haven't got any crashes when using it.

The image froze on the screen but sound kept going (I tried it a few times, and this behavior only happened with the F50) - pretty bizarre.

Thank you all for the informative replies. I believe that I will hold on to my $10 for now. My main reservation when considering the F50 was the manual. I own the J32 from Virtualcol, and its manual is sometimes difficult to understand for me as the author's English is not perfect.

Oh damn now I got random engine failure after takeoff, I think I will install Majestic Dash 8-Q300 again for my interisland flights and remove this from my system.

The poab Fokker 50 fills my F50 needs. The Virtuacol is very framerate friendly, I like the way it looks, but I don't like the fact that the engines go to idle on take off if it somehow thinks t.o. configuration isn't right even if it is. System wise it's very lite, so why it gets so picky on take off beats me. poab is also lite, but it has power settings and IAS climb.

Some of you may be interested in waiting for the F-27 by Just Flight, which is due to be released soon. I believe this plane was a precursor to the F-50. Check out JF's website for screenshots. I find them to be very nice, including the VC. Lately Just Flight has been doing nice work on its historic airliners, IMHO.

Regards,

Tom

I bought the FS9 version and it was pretty bad, all the screenshots were from the FSX version which looked quite good. I deleted the FS9 version after 20 seconds!