Sign in to follow this  
KSATRoadWarrior

23 Terrifying Runways That Will Stoke Your Fear of Flying?

http://gizmodo.com/5983289/23-terrifying-runways-that-will-stoke-your-fear-of-flying

I found some of them interesting and some very much a challenge but "fear of flying" - never!!!

I have only "simmed" in/out of 4 of these.....

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Wow, some amazing pictures. I've visited 9 of those airports in the sim.

And to be honest, I'd be really scared if I sat in the pax cabin IRL, and watched out of the window, at least when approaching some of those airports. Both Courchevel and Lukla would definitely be on that list.

Wow, thanks for posting. I'm surprised KSAN and KMDW weren't on the list.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I've been to one as a passenger an the other as a pilot. They should hav put a few of the Hawaiian airports in there like Molokai and Kapalua. I always laughed when they said it would be difficult to fly in Hawaii. Not again though! There were some pretty rough times getting up and down.

Emotive remarks like: "Kai Tak International Airport, famous and hated for its heart-stopping approach low over Hong Kong, ended its 73-year reign of terror in 1998." are really annoying!

This is "much" more fun!

The only thing terrible was the selection of airports...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Emotive remarks like: "Kai Tak International Airport, famous and hated for its heart-stopping approach low over Hong Kong, ended its 73-year reign of terror in 1998." are really annoying!

This is "much" more fun!

Wow, you were really reaching on this one. :blink: I don't think many people know about this airport... ^_^

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

vololiberista, thanks for sharing the video of Paro Airport (VQPR).......wow is right what an approach and landing!!!! :O

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

vololiberista, thanks for sharing the video of Paro Airport (VQPR).......wow is right what an approach and landing!!!! :O

I ended up trying this one in the Boeing 757-200 last night. Matter of fact, I posted screenshots of it as well.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I've flown into 7 or 8 of these in FSX, they can have very fun approaches that aren't the easiest. Add some real world weather and you're in for a rough ride!

I would not consider Chūbu Centrair or Kansai to be frightening. In fact, knowing that they are surrounded by water—good for emergency landings and overruns—is comforting! They also offer great spotting locations.

Hmmm you can have different categories...for Turboprops, this one is my favourite..

For medium Jets, either SBRJ's rwy 02 visual approach, SLSU (any runway) or MHTG

For heavies, either Kai Tak or Quito...have been a pax and jump seat to all except Walikali, and that was a sure way to heart the heart pumping!