Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

The 777 isn't that big, is it?

I believe the photo is taken at Dubai and 90% of the pollution you see is smoke from the countless oil wells.

Jon Shearer

It isn't pollution! believe it or not but Dubai's got cleaner air than London and less radioactivity. That fogish, yellowish sand like stuff you're seeing isn't actual pollution..... Because Dubai is located in a desert climate, the extremely high temperatures combined with sand in the lower atmosphere causes sand to fly everywhere due to high winds and then makes them visible on the horizon. My dad once left his car in Dubai and came back 2 weeks later to notice that the whole car was completely covered with sand just like the way heavy snow would. ^_^

If you wan't to see real pollution... then I suggest you visit Hong Kong or Beijing.

One word........Gorgeous!!! :Applause:

8536644531_0045ec9f66_b.jpg

She's buff! Look at those sexy gears.

8536675429_b01d050570_b.jpg8537801432_b10ab0d509_b.jpg

8537777178_98e2715563_b.jpg

8537822768_0f23af231f_b.jpg

One word........Gorgeous!!!

I like the upwards-tilting wingtips in the first image and the sharp light rays from the lights in the second-to-last image!

I'm not on a course directly related to BA however I am on an aerospace engineering course run by ex BA engineers who still have contacts working at BA. This trip was related to my current project so was lucky enough to visit the facilities with only one other person which obviously made the whole experience that much better as we could take our time and see just about everything the aircraft have to offer. I'm sure you will agree the BA staff and engineering staff in particular are a great group of people.

Rich

Its very interesting to see aircraft with stripped out cabins and flight decks. My cousin once took me to Shannon Aerospace to see where he worked and take a look at what he did. There was an A319 of German Wings completely stripped of all its systems/seats etc... the same with the SAS MD-80 and 767 that were there at the time. Sat in the cockpit of the A319 on a stepping stool..was a really awesome experience!