Sign in to follow this  
scnrfrq

ADE Polygon Problem

I'm trying to add an exclusion polygon with ADE to exclude a certain road. But it also ends up excluding a much larger area of roads, almost a mile away. How do I set it up to only exclude the one road I'm interested in?

I'm trying to add an exclusion polygon with ADE to exclude a certain road. But it also ends up excluding a much larger area of roads, almost a mile away. How do I set it up to only exclude the one road I'm interested in?

In a word, you can't. Roads wiil be excluded to QMid11 boundaries, so, you will need to re-define the pieces you wish to keep.

In a word, you can't. Roads wiil be excluded to QMid11 boundaries, so, you will need to re-define the pieces you wish to keep.

Could you explain QMid11 boundaries and "re-define pieces to keep"?

Look in the Shp2Vec Tool section of the FSX SDK help.

Look in the Shp2Vec Tool section of the FSX SDK help.

I will look there, but are you saying I will be able to just exclude the one road if I follow this?

I will look there, but are you saying I will be able to just exclude the one road if I follow this?

Yes, but as you have found, it will exclude a long stretch of road. As I said earlier, you will need to re-draw the missing pieces so that they connect to the default road at the boundaries.

Yes, but as you have found, it will exclude a long stretch of road. As I said earlier, you will need to re-draw the missing pieces so that they connect to the default road at the boundaries.

I have added vector roads before with ADE, but since I'm using UTX I would need to draw 4 lane highways, etc. Is there any way to do this?