Sign in to follow this  
heller

Can't find "select your failures" on the CDU?

I have installed Emergency NGX and later the Expansion pack, but the select your failure doesn't seem to be on the CDU?

Wher can I find it -or- what did I do wrong?

Have a look at the PMDG-737NGX-Introduction.pdf file ! starting page 71 + search the word "failure" in the pdf file !

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I have installed Emergency NGX and later the Expansion pack, but the select your failure doesn't seem to be on the CDU?

Hi Heller,

"select your failure" refers to "choose which failure you want to invoke" out of all the different failures available in FS2 Crew Emergency NGX! (List is in the manual pg 3 - "NEW NON-NORMAL PROCEDURES")

So

1. look at the list of available failures in the Emergency NGX! manual on pg3 and choose which one you want to try
  2. Go through the Emergency NGX! manual ( from pg 7 "EMERGENCY NGX! - FEATURED FAILURES" ) until you find more detailed info on your chosen failure - ( this will tell you what to SAY, what to DO and this will also tell you where the failure is located in the CDU )
  3. Now go into the CDU and programme it.
  4. Have your QRH open at the relevant section for your failure ( the Emergency NGX! manual also tells you where each failure is listed in the QRH )
  5. Have your EMERGENCY NGX! manual open at the specific page where the detailed failure procedure information is provided (see point 2 above)

Hope this clarifies it for you.

Rgds,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Hi Steve,

I have seen pg. 3 plus the screenshot, the problem is that I can't find it anywhere on my CDU.

Best regards

Robert Jonker

Hi Steve,

I have seen pg. 3 plus the screenshot, the problem is that I can't find it anywhere on my CDU.

Best regards

Robert Jonker

Hi Robert,

I would suggest if you could let me know which failure you want to try, I'll provide some direct feedback for you here in the forum for you to follow.

Rgds,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Hi

Just to clarify the failure selection option is not installed by Emergency NGX, this is a function of PMDG 737NGX.

From your FMC CDU press the button MENU and on the right you you will see PMDG Setup.

Press the button next to this and you go to the PMDG Setup page.

On the top left you will see AIRCRAFT, click next to this and you will see on the left (3rd line down) FAILURES, by clicking on this you can now set up your prefered failure for Emergency NGX.

How to do this is explained in the manual pointed out by Richard above.

Glen

Glen