Sign in to follow this  
Dewey

cat shot tutorial using acceleration in fsx

I apologize if I'm not in the right place to discuss this topic. But I need some help witih my newly installed Acceleration software. At first, from an exterior view when I tried hooking up to the cat, I could see the bar com down when I did a shift + U. Also, I could see the tailhook deploy and retract with shift +Q. However, they no longer do that. Nothing happens when I do the shift +U or shift +Q. And the blast shield never did raise at all. Also, when following procedures for a cat shot, whenever I advanced the throttle prior to triggering the cat with a shift +spacebar, the plane would immediately accelerate down the deck as if not connected to the cat, so the shift +I apparently didn't work, either.

But, as I said, now none of the items deploy or retract at all now.

Am I missing something here?

System Details:

Windows Home Premium

Service Pack 1.

Processor Intel Core i7-s600K CPU @ 3.4GHz

16 GB RAM

This might sound a bit stupid, but are you close enough to the cat?

Another thing that comes to my mind is that you might use some addon aircraft. I think that e.g. the Iris F-14 doesn't use the default key command for the cat bar, you have to use the switch in the cockpit.

You could also check your key asignments. Maybe something got messed up there, I don't have an idea what would be the cause for that, but still (and since you say that Shift+Q for the tailhook doesn't work anymore either, that seems most likely to me).

Flo

The plane must be on the right space on the cat before it will engage. everyplane is different. Go to external viewandmake sure the front wheel is close to the shuttle. Sometimes it sbest to creep forward and hit shift-u till it engages, than remember the position.