Sign in to follow this  
pilottj

dimmed night lighting mod

Hey guys, I recently uploaded the Skymaster repaint 'Electric Blue'.

http://library.avsim...crp&DLID=175369

xNc3.th.jpg

lO8Xi.th.jpg

I have flown GA planes at night before in the realworld, and I always felt that the Skymaster's nightlight was pretty but it was too bright for realistic night flying for me. For Electric Blue, I dimmed the night lighting for what I felt would be an appropriate level for night flying.

Before

5sw1j.th.jpg

After

nhYZK.th.jpg

If you would like to use this night lighting on all your Skymaster paints, move cessna337_(1-3)_night.dds and both gauges_337 night dds files from texture.n37tj to texture.common. Backup/remove the equivilent bmp textures already in the texture.common folder. Likewise if you wish Electric Blue to have the default night lighting, simply remove those dds files from the texture.n37tj folder.

Also for this paint scheme, I added an 'ID placard'...just a peice of tape with the registration written on it.

Xf6H5.th.jpg

Cheers

TJ

Thanks Pilottj,

This is a very nice paint, and I especially like your modded nightlighting for the panel. Top work!

ottor

Just installed this evening. Great paint scheme and the lighting is going into all my Mixmasters.

Thanks for sharing your excellent work.

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Thanks pilottj for a little bit better explanation of the installation..... Thank you....