Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

AOTD Mess up again?

Iditarod 3 Yentna is showing up again as the AOTD. I just checked it at 1500 hrs. ET. I'll check it again in 30 min.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I've checked several times since my first post, and it's still Yentna. It looks like we don't get an AOTD today.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I have submitted two new Aerocaches last week and have another ready. It will be interesting to see when they come up.

Steve

Very cool Steve. Can't wait to see them.

I have some ideas for AOTD's, but I can't seem to find the time to put them together. Hope things will slow down a bit pretty soon and then I can get back to doing what I really want to.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

I've checked several times since my first post, and it's still Yentna. It looks like we don't get an AOTD today.

And I still get "Aerocache of the day is not available."

Now this is getting really funny. I just opened Flight just to check on the AOTD and sure enough it says "Not available". But, if you look down at the list of permanent caches, Iditarod 12 shows up. I wonder if that was supposed to be one of our Thursday Iditarod caches?

If says I haven't collected it so I know what I'll be doing for the next little while. This will make 270 for me.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

Yeah it showed Iditarod 12 as a new available aerocache for me today , course I have just started doing these things - so I went ahead and got it. Took off from the suggested airport, was quite a little ride , but fun.

Man. That was a tough one. If you don't research the location, I don't think you'll find the cache. Looong flight. Also, there is a road to nowhere there. Don't land on it. I put the CC down nice and gentle and when I rolled over a little creek that kind of intersected the road, I got a crash. Phooee. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

SO, there it is! And about time.

Steve

Man. That was a tough one. If you don't research the location, I don't think you'll find the cache. Looong flight.

Indeed, if I hadn't used google maps along with GMap for Flight I would have probably never found it.

I've been saving all the Iditarod caches that have gone permanent until they're all there, so I can try to get them all in one flight, but since this one showed up out of sequence on a day when there was no AOTD, I thought I should get it in case it disappeared.

I used Skyvector to plot a course from McGrath to Iditarod, followed the 232 radial for 72.5 nm in the RV-6A, and looked around for the road that's in the aerocache picture. Found it, and the cache was right there. Pretty easy, this one. Then I headed SE and landed at Flat, and walked over to the dredge that was the host of the Nov. 28 AOTD.

Flat_dredge_zps0698b422.jpg