Sign in to follow this  
Robert McDonald

64-bit plugin for SAITEK controls for XP10 64bit RC1

Huge news for XP10 64-bit pilots - Xsaitekpanels released a 64-bit plug-in to control many aftermarket hardware controls from SAITEK. Free download. Version 2.08 or higher required for 64-bit operation. According to the author, will operate on Mac/Linux/Windows (Linux requires some extra steps)

Those who are using real world ATC (PilotEdge.net) in 64-bits and own the Saitek radio gear will doubtless want to try this to eliminate the incessant mouse clicking on the virtual radio panel in the 777 by Ramzzess (for example) - though it's my understanding this plug is not aircraft-specific.

There is also a 32-bit version as well if you are not yet running XP in 64-bits.

Enjoy :wub:

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

more on this plug in:

Works very well with Ramzzess VMAX Boeing 777 Worldliner - there is a "radio plug" checkbox in the airplane's main menu that needs a tickmark (checkmark) put into that radio plug box, and then your Saitek Radio panel will:

Show Com1 Active and Standby frequencies on the top row.

Show Barometric pressure setting in HG or HecPascals (your choice) plus ATC Squawkcode for your transmitter (you enter the digits) on the BOTTOM ROW.

A MUST HAVE if you fly online, especially if you are using PilotEdge real-time live ATC, because their controllers will have you busy a LOT when you are in their Southern California service area.

Trying to enter all those radio codes via Mouse Clicks is bad in 2 ways - first you are looking down at the radio panel, not out the window, so you can have problems getting off line on taxiing or other flight tasks, and it takes much more time mousing then rotating the Saitek standby knobs then clicking the center "switch standby and active <<<--->>>" button on the Saitek radio panel.

Once you try this, you'll be amazed, works almost perfectly in 64-bit XP10 Final with 64-bit Ramzzess B777 Worldliner. Only minor issue seems to be involved with the squawk MODE operation but I'm still testing to see if it's my problem or a minor bug.

Could not say enough positives about the airplane or about XP10. Wonderful products!.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Thanks for your help on many topics. I just purchased the Saitek radio panel, and with the 777 xp 10.25, it only works with the radio box UN-Checked??? Also, the ACT/STBY button will not work. It did at first, and now, will not work. I am stumped. Any help will be appreciated. I tried to check the Shift F11 radio box, and neither will work. without it checked, I can change the frequency on standby, but not switch it. I can tune it with the saitek, but I must go to the radio stack on the screen and use the mouse to change the active frequency. HELP!

Great info Robert!

Will add it to the add-ons thread!

Thx!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks for your help on many topics. I just purchased the Saitek radio panel, and with the 777 xp 10.25, it only works with the radio box UN-Checked??? Also, the ACT/STBY button will not work. It did at first, and now, will not work. I am stumped. Any help will be appreciated. I tried to check the Shift F11 radio box, and neither will work. without it checked, I can change the frequency on standby, but not switch it. I can tune it with the saitek, but I must go to the radio stack on the screen and use the mouse to change the active frequency. HELP!

Send a PM to Philipp the developer of the 777.  He can best assist you on this.  Note the spelling of his name!  If you go to the PM area and type his name properly spelled, you will see a photo of him, and "developer" beneath his name or somesuch.  You can explain your issue.  The fact that something 'did' work but now does not indicates a possible conflict somewhere in your setup.  You may have some other control assigned that is fighting with the Saitek unit.  (example another joystick button programmed for something else).  I'm flying blind here... speculating...

Great info Robert!

Will add it to the add-ons thread!

Thx!

Thanks for the kind words.

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

After many hours, I figured it out.

I had problems using both the multi and radio panels. I solved it by;

I copied the radio section of the general xsaitekpanels.ini (in the /resources/plugin/xsaitekpanels folder to the aircraft specific radio section (overwriting it) of the xsaitekpanels.ini file and saved it in the 777 folder. It fixed the problem.

Maybe it will help others with the same problem. The B Bood ini may not be correct in its published form.