Sign in to follow this  
PLund

One problem replaces another

Hi,

The other day I wanted to take the 738WL out for a spin, but when I loaded FSX it was missing and all the other models were there. I reinstalled the baseback and the liveries to get another problem.

My new problem is that on the registration plate on the 2D panel there is a number behind the registration (fx. N394DA1 or D-ABMC2). In the VC it´s shown without the number.

Anyone who have experienced the same and how can I fix the problem ?

Best regards

Peter Lund

Best regards

Peter Lund

To be bluntly honest, you probably created more of a problem with the reinstall. That should always be your last option (short of a reformat), and people toss it out here way too often.

My first questions would be where you got your livery. The next question would have been if you're running the livery manager as an admin. Both the initial and latter problems could be related to those two issues.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle,

Well, I didn´t think there would be any other solution than reinstall as the 800WL was missing, but all others were there.

The liveries are downloaded on Avsim and was normal until I had to reinstall. The livery manager was run as admin.

Hope that helps finding a solution.

Best regards

Peter Lund

Best regards

Peter Lund

You're welcome. I'd always come here first before re-installing in the future. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people assume this is the last resort, simply out of a conditioned response where so many people simply say "re-install" here. I blame the people here more than I'd blame you.

There is a specific uninstall/re-install process that needs to happen so it's a "clean" re-install. If you search the PMDG section of the forum, you may find it. Because your issues cropped up after the re-install (I understand there was an issue beforehand, but that seemed more manageable), I believe that it may be worth making sure you have a clean re-install.

I know it probably seems odd that I'd suggest a re-install so soon after saying it's a last resort, but since some of the more quirky issues showed up as a result of a re-install (and so soon after), you should start fresh, from square one. Try searching for that uninstall process thread (outlines what to uninstall, folders to delete, etc), and then I'd run a registry repair tool (something like CCleaner - great program for general computer upkeep, too) to make sure there are no lingering issues. After that, re-install (making sure to run the installers as an admin) and enjoy.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks again,

I have now reinstalled the NGX and removed all folders.

The registration is now shown correctly in the 2D panel.

Best regards

Peter Lund

Best regards

Peter Lund