Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMartin

[W.I.P] FSAA / Shimmer Fix v1.01

Hello everybody!

Today i gonna show you my Beta-Phase progress, against these shimmer/flickering trees.

And a better upscaling 4x4 AA.

This great results only can score whit Boris Vorontsov tool named ENB. It makes some brilliant callouts for implements. All right's belongs to him.

I have nearly eliminating jagged and pixelated edge full. Also the shimmer/flickering in all Seasons have significant reduced/eliminated. I prepared some picture and recorded the entry whit fraps.

Enjoy!

Vid: http://dfiles.eu/files/wowi7y2bn

Regrads

Chris

settingsoa.jpg

Umm come again, I dont understand what youre getting at. You are improving AA in FSX?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

You show 16x supersampling, that would bring my video card to an absolute crawl.

You show 16x supersampling, that would bring my video card to an absolute crawl.

Ya in clouds you just can't use it, I have a GTX 680 too.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Don't worry about, i was just making tryouts whit high settings. You can choise between 4x, 9x and 16x.

ya but whats "new" about this or "beta" these modes have been around for a long time and most of them are useless.

Ron Hamilton

I implement a new codec for SSAA callout. It will significant reduce shimmer and flickering from all seasonal veg. trees

Ok, cool. Can you send me the files, I'd like to try it. Problem I have is addon aiports usually have light posts and they shimmer like crazy, but if i jack up my AA and fly near clouds my FPS drop to nothing, anyways Id like to help you test this....do you mind?

Ron Hamilton

Ok cool. Will this AA work well with clouds?

Do you know when I can get it?

Ron Hamilton

v1.02b

fine adjust per lod

fsaa steps 4x 9x 16x

test vid

spring: http://dfiles.eu/files/v9lw96p56

summer: http://dfiles.eu/files/xbtt5zygq

autumn: http://dfiles.eu/files/6q5cafcyf

winter: http://dfiles.eu/files/s622fwq61

con:

some veg. for example: veg_norway_and_hemlock1_hw still shimmer a bit. there shoud be replaced whit softer painted ones.

How do I download it? The website you posted wants me to download a media player and I AM NOT downloading sometyhing like that

Can you send me the files to test? are you changing the autogen to do this...if so thats going to be a problem for people using GEX or ORBX

Ron Hamilton

Just select regular download and wait for your browser comes up with do you want to save or run. It takes about 18 minutes to download one video. If you try again to download, you will be told you have to wait 48 minutes to just be able to click on the Regular button. The author should upload to YouTube.

In regards to the ENB mod d3d9.dll, I hope it doesn't create CTD's like the ENB mod did for many. It will not work for DX10 users.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Im so confused with all this; we have ENB, Shade, FXAA, SweetFX and now this? I just want to get my FSX to stop shimmering and have a good sharp picture.

Ron Hamilton