Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Brand New to XP x64 Full Ver

Just need some pointers getting started and getting the right files downloaded....

I've already got my TIR profile and key bindings setup from the demo

I downloaded the latest airac for XP10

I've downloaded Open Scenery

What else do I need for x64 to work well?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Marginal's Autogate and SeaTraffic plugins http://marginal.org.uk/x-planescenery/plugins.html

And don't forget to download his Fs2XPlane scenery conversion tool!

CrisK's Vehicle Library Extension http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=16812

RuScenery and FF Scenery Libraries

finally here is a good site for scenery http://simheaven.de/

Thanks

Anyone run RXP in 64bit?

Also list some GA planes freeware/payware compatible with x64

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

As already suggested in the other thread:

for GA, you can get any Carenado aircraft. They work in 64bit with the latest 64bit SASL plugin. There are many other great GA planes - Pipers, SR22, Mentor, etc.

However for the best 64bit experience, you need to get the best payware plane - Javier Rollon's Jetstream JS31!

Oh man... Javier made a great work with the JetStream!

Yes, he definitely did!

Hello Ryan,Great to see you here :smile:

Frede makes fantastic freeware scenery

http://fred-e.net/x-plane-sceneries/

Great payware aircraft here

http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/

These guy's are The "Orbx" of X-Plane :Big Grin:

http://truscenery.wordpress.com/

Happy Flying and post those screenshots! :biggrin:

Cheers!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Oh man... Javier made a great work with the JetStream!

and
are XP10 Payware Gods :lol: :clapping: :drinks:

Thanks for the suggestions

Is it easy to design my own scenery? My home airport of Duluth is void of anything lol I need to make scenery. I'm making my own for FSX is there a way to convert it from FSX to XP?

Also are those OSM sceneries like land class for FSX?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Thanks for the suggestions

Is it easy to design my own scenery? My home airport of Duluth is void of anything lol I need to make scenery. I'm making my own for FSX is there a way to convert it from FSX to XP?

Also are those OSM sceneries like land class for FSX?

Hi Ryan,

Impressions so far?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Not enough info for a full writeup... I've not actually used it that much... been working night shifts since I bought it and busy during the day. Maybe in the next few days I'll write something.

I will say I've been tweaking about as much as FSX to get the little things taken care of.

EDIT: I was able to get some flying done this morning...

Pros of XP10:

The engine uses my video card a lot more than FSX

There's better looking vehicles on roads, and trains on rails which is cool

Night lighting destroys FSX even with addons

Out of the box weather appears to better than stock FSX by a lot. With FSX, though, I've got OPUS and that really helps when flying to minimums. I think with OPUS and stock XP10 it's a wash... in XP I like the way I fly into clouds...

Cons of XP10

Even with HDR and strong AA settings, there's too many shimmers for the performance decrease, I'll have to investigate some different techniques.

(I covered this with the demo but I'll say it again cause it ####### me off) - 99% of airports have nothing on them!!! ARGH! Duluth MN (we've got a 10,000ft+ runway) has one structure on the field (it's where the 148th ANG scramble hangar is). The METAR is wrong for real weather (not sure how to get that better aligned). Default airports are just lifeless *sigh* This is a big con for me.

Track IR doesn't work nearly as well as FSX (I'm even using someone else's profile)... missing the "roll" ability, and the viewing simply doesn't feel natural (again, more work needed)

The "autogen" seems too large, granted FSX's seemed too small... and the buildings don't seem to fit onto the landscape - they're just plastered on it. I did download OSM scenery for North America, and that definitely helped over the stock XP install.... but as far as I can tell the "landclass" is pretty bad compared to FSX. Most of the scenery appears to be a random collection of office type buildings and neighborhood areas.

The runways and the way they follow the contour of the scenery is over-exaggerated. The sloped runway thing could be cool but it's excessive and not realistic. I drove down KDLH's big runway in a truck in real life and the runway doesn't go up and down as much as the XP version does. I see what LR is trying to do but it needs to be toned down. I need to figure out how to disable this for the moment.

Flight dynamics. I'm sure I need a 3rd party plane to experience this but I'm not seeing this AMAZING claim of flight modeling. I've hounded the stock C172 enough... but I did download someone else's 172 version (a guy who has flown many hours in one), and although better, I found it to be no different than FSX stock model with 3rd party update. In my opinion, a well done FDE for XP and FSX can be nearly identical in feel.

The looks of the planes have a lot of catching up to do compared to FSX. Especially the stock models.... semi low res interiors with decent exteriors. Sounds are decent.... about like FSX's stock models. Though in XP's defense, 3rd party payware hasn't been around as long as FSX dev base has.

I won't compare ATC because I rarely use FSX's built in system.

I'm still unsure about Reality XP GNS530/430W with XP x64. I know people have their gauges but no one here seems to own them... I've heard they don't work in x64?? If they don't I'll have to stick to filing /A on Pilot Edge.

I'm sure I will have poked a few bears with this post but you've got to realize that:

A) I'm a new XP10 user, and new to XP in general, I don't know my way around yet...

B) I've got tons of bias since I've been playing MSFS since ver 5.0 (1995)

C) I've got lots of addons for FSX and spend many years personalizing and making it suit me. I'm definitely willing to give XP a try!

My plans for now are to use XP during night flights (where the scenery really shines) and fly socal on Pilot Edge. I've already downloaded many socal airports with open scenery to take care of vacant airfield problem.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Not enough info for a full writeup... I've not actually used it that much... been working night shifts since I bought it and busy during the day. Maybe in the next few days I'll write something.

I will say I've been tweaking about as much as FSX to get the little things taken care of.

As you may have noticed from my postings I really am hoping for a more modern platform to invest in but as we all have a lot already in FSX it's a bit much to jump ship unless there is enough there. Anxious to hear your impressions when they come.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X