Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

X-Plane 10.30 Plans/Fixes from Ben's Blog

• X-Plane 10.30: we don’t know when this will be or what will be in it with any kind of certainty, but there are some areas we’re looking at, like fog and visibility (where we have a mix of bugs and feature requests that might go well together). I think that even for 10.30 we’ll be in “fix what we already have” mode, not “add more stuff” mode; we want to make X-Plane 10 as stable, solid and fast as possible.

One of the goals of this roadmap is to make sure that 10.20 itself is a stable 64-bit release that authors can target and users can run. One reason why late bug fixes are going into 10.21 is to avoid delay in getting a solid, ‘final’ 64-bit release to everyone. (We also expect that at least one major bug that was not reported during the long 10.20 beta will pop up as soon as we hit “final”, hence the expectation of 10.21.)

Please do not turn the comments section into a guessing game about 10.30; we don’t have a precise list of what goes into it, and if we did I wouldn’t post it anyway, because it’s likely to change over time as we get new data.

I have some specific comments on airports and ATC, but that’ll be another post.

It's the last sentence that got my ears perked up.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

It's the last sentence that got my ears perked up.

My ears perk up (and droop back down)

Then perk up (then droop back down)

So frequently over XPX that I might eventually just take to the skies under my own ear-power like Dumbo.............

My attitude with XPX right now is that what will happen will happen when it happens. Usually. Except if not. -_-

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Love the word "Stable"Bring it On!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Fog and visibility... I hope they finally get the distant visibility issue fixed for good.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Alexander Colka

Well, I'm in the camp: whatever they're serving, I'm eating! I love XP10... and nothing but nothing could make me fly FSX again. Period. Fed up to DEATH with the convoluted incessant tweaking, even on bleeding edge hardware platform with dual-GPU processor (GTX690). When the new Keppler TITAN product releases soon, the graphics will render triple the speed of current-generation Keppler chips, you should see dazzling frames and (drumroll) 6GB of Vram on the video card (bring on max settings across the board).

My level of excitement about XP10 is nearly boundless. It's everything FSX 'might have been' if Microsoft hadn't given up and abandoned ship. Yes, I know there are more add-ons for FSX (I own a great many), but the 'rub' with those is they often 'fight' with each other, and some cause more pain than joy. As long as you back up your XPlane folder, you can plug things in and out to your heart's content and try them...

I've discovered 64-bit XPanel plug-in to run my Saitek Radio Panel (and other Saitek panels) in XP 10.20 64-bit (works flawlessly with Ramzzess B777) which is a gigantic boon if you are flying with realtime ATC (PilotEdge.net). PilotEdge is also running in 64-bits with no issues - so no more sitting on my hands praying that IVAO or VATSIM bring a 64-bit XPlane interface to the table.

I have only 1 rule:

All X-Plane all the time in 64-bits with all add-ons/plug-ins 64-bit compatible.

So far it's working great!

Whatever else Laminar does - it can only get better and better! I'm happy right now, anything beyond that is 'gravy'!

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

I didn't want to type everything Robert did, but I agree with everything he said.

I am now with XP10...and will remain there. Smooth and hassle free.

Jerry

Any reason for bashing FSX? Reminds me of all those divorced guys talking about their ex wifes all day. Do you miss her?

Any reason for bashing FSX? Reminds me of all those divorced guys talking about their ex wifes all day. Do you miss her?

I dunno... there's enough X-Plane bashing here in the X-Plane forums, so it's kind of a nice change of pace. I doubt FSX minds, though. It's just inanimate code.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

I don't want to 'bash' FSX - Lord knows I spent a considerable sum on her! I think for what FSX is - it's great. The 3PDs have been busy building it up to a pretty complex level. It just simply doesn't run well even on very state-of-the-art hardware, to suit me. After dumping several thousands into my handbuilt FSX system, and still having stutters and artifacts, lockups and CTD's- well enough was simply enough, and when I found out Laminar had been hard at work with 64-bit X-plane, I decided to "take a look" at what the competition had to offer.

All I can say to anyone who's debating is that the Ramzzess VMAX Boeing 777 Worldliner (now available in 64-bits at no additional charge) teamed up with XP10-64 and a few other add-ons brings XPlane into a very competitive appearance level vis-a-vis FSX, with the added bonus of being able to use ALL your system memory and ALL your CPU cores, and ALL your GPU VRAM.

Nvidia has announced the impending release of the new GTX-Titan Graphics card, which will run triple the rate of the current Keppler GPU - I can only imagine what THAT card would do in X-Plane, drumroll... it has SIX GB of VRAM on the card, not 2 or even 4 (4 is current max on Nvidia cards).

I think Austin Meyer is one incredible guy- he and his team, along with the flegling 3PDs already building for X-Plane are taking us to all-new altitudes of sim realism. Me? I'm just loving the ride and glad I lived long enough to see X-Plane 10.

Fog and visibility... I hope they finally get the distant visibility issue fixed for good.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

+1

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Robert, I can perfectly understand your position, and I appreciate your contributions regarding the 777!

It's always a delight to read comments from an enthusiastic user ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

x plane is not the king of smoothest even in 64 bits, i know all people here have GTX680 and GTX690 so they aren't aware, but with my GTX660 i can drop to 24-25 fps in high density areas withouth HDR

and if i max everything i even get CTD at KJFK.

Just fix the fog, the air traffic flow, and please re-cut the auto-gen to make more accurate. Could go on about fixes, but one thing like about X-plane as low and slow flyer can pull up the local map see where the plane is and where ADF and VOR are to make navigation easy. . The auto-traffic and trains destroy are better than fsx, and sunset and sunrise real more realistic to me in X plane.

Fed up to DEATH with the convoluted incessant tweaking, even on bleeding edge hardware platform with dual-GPU processor (GTX690).

That's because FSX is CPU bound and mostly ignores the GPU. It's all because ACES wrongly predicted that processor speeds would continue to exponentially increase. They never saw the multicore CPU/powerful GPU combo coming until they were too far into development to make any drastic changes to the code, and so you have a 7-year old flight simulator that can chug even on today's top of the line hardware.

x plane is not the king of smoothest even in 64 bits, i know all people here have GTX680 and GTX690 so they aren't aware, but with my GTX660 i can drop to 24-25 fps in high density areas withouth HDR and if i max everything i even get CTD at KJFK.

My advice: once you're done tweaking settings to your satisfaction, turn off the FPS indicator and just fly. You'll never even notice when framerates drop into the 20s.