Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

Engine fire before/after V1?

Hi,

Today I did my first failure training but, with my great surprise, I realized that in the NGX it's not possible to program an engine fire before or after V1, you can only program it after a certain number of seconds, minutes and hours. Isn't there a way to program the fire before V1 or after V1?

Thanks.

James Goggi

Hi James,

I deleted the other guy's response.

I'm not sure why he was posting code that isn't even associated with FS2Crew?????

At any rate, the only way to do that is to:

1. Set the timer for like 10 seconds (approx), and then activate it right after you start the takeoff run.

2. Manually force the failure to activate at the exact moment you want it to start.

Hi Bryan, I do not have emergency fscrew but I would like to know if one can assign a key to functions like forcing failures or starting the timer...

Thanks

David

Hi,

Today I did my first failure training but, with my great surprise, I realized that in the NGX it's not possible to program an engine fire before or after V1, you can only program it after a certain number of seconds, minutes and hours. Isn't there a way to program the fire before V1 or after V1?

Thanks.

I have not tested this failure for the moment but have you tried to validate it with "active" option ?

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

It might be worth putting a request into the PMDG forum to include an Engine Fire option at VR or V1 as they have done for the Severe Engine Failure. I believe they are planning an update to the NGX after the 777 is released.

Have you tried the Engine failure at V1 yet, that's great fun, but if you let the speed get too low things become very hairy very quickly as I found to my cost :smile:

Glen

Glen

Hi Glen

You're right, I confused engine cut with engine fire in my previous post.

Yes I tried engine cut at V1/Vr/V2 and ho ho ho it's very very hot ! I love that !

Btw I don't understand why PMDG did not include the same option with Engine Fire. You're right about putting a request into the PMDG forum.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

It might be worth putting a request into the PMDG forum to include an Engine Fire option at VR or V1 as they have done for the Severe Engine Failure.

Glen

Just done ! :smile:

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier