Sign in to follow this  
kralik25

Md-11 go around mode

Hi,

What should the GA button do exactly ?I didnt find it in the manual.. When i push the button (or map it as a keyboard shortcut) nothing happens (i tried different approach modes) manual approach and a/p approach mode as well.. But no response.. It should at least increase the thrust to go-around or take-off setting.. ? And show some "go around" mode on the PFD..? I also tried to reinstall md-11-.. But i get same result..

Thx, Jan..

BTW.. Bug in pmdg license validation..When i unistalled md-11, 747x installation got corrupted (displays go blank after a while).. So the md11 unistall did something with my licence for 747.. Ofcourse both legally purchased.. Grrr :-((..

When i push the button (or map it as a keyboard shortcut) nothing happens (i tried different approach modes) manual approach and a/p approach mode as well.. But no response..

If the aircraft is below 2500 feet AGL and the flaps or slats are extended, pushing the GA button will activate the FD go-around mode. The AP will follow the flight director commands if the AP is activated.

It should at least increase the thrust to go-around or take-off setting.

If the ATS is not engaged, you will need to manually increase the thrust levers. The GA button will only work when the aircraft is below 2500 feet and configured for landing. To set takeoff thrust, push the thrust levers forward to about 75% N1 with the ATS engaged.

And show some "go around" mode on the PFD

Flight mode annunciator indications are discussed on page AUTO.30.28 (page 162) in the Systems manual.

I also tried to reinstall md-11

No need to reinstall the MD-11.

747x installation got corrupted (displays go blank after a while)

Uninstall the 744 completely and then reinstall it.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Thanks for advice.. will try to do go-around under all the described conditions, but i am afraid i was in landing config when pushing the go around button.. I remember pushing the button almost before touch-down.. and nothing.. so i thought that the md-11 got corrupted for example because of FSX crash inflight (i had simillar issues-flight model corrupted after fsx program crash).. so that is why i did reinstall..

Jan

That is correct the Go around will not do any thing EVEN if you Push the Button ,, Because you need to configure it

you need the speed and heading ( fill in the Blanks ) Have fun

your other issues is also correct from my experience any 2 PMDGS installed together will coz a little Problem

( may be some one will dissagree with me and they have both on there that is Fine ) but for me i had problems so i chose the MD-11

Thanks for advice.. will try to do go-around under all the described conditions, but i am afraid i was in landing config when pushing the go around button.. I remember pushing the button almost before touch-down.. and nothing.. so i thought that the md-11 got corrupted for example because of FSX crash inflight (i had simillar issues-flight model corrupted after fsx program crash).. so that is why i did reinstall..

Jan

I confirm that really nothing happens when I push go-around button.. i tried different situations, everytime in landing config..

That is correct the Go around will not do any thing EVEN if you Push the Button ,, Because you need to configure it

you need the speed and heading ( fill in the Blanks ) Have fun

your other issues is also correct from my experience any 2 PMDGS installed together will coz a little Problem

( may be some one will dissagree with me and they have both on there that is Fine ) but for me i had problems so i chose the MD-11

Hi, what should I configure ? Something in the FMS ? I have never heard about such "difficult" use of G/A button :-(.. but MD is a little bit different from usual types Boeing/Airbus logic..

Jan

Fast Question for you Do you Fly On Line or off Line ??

what Kind of planing Software do you use ??

I use EFB and Buy this i have a full map and i can see all the missed APP in detailed therefore i know what to enter

Fast Question for you Do you Fly On Line or off Line ??

what Kind of planing Software do you use ??

I use EFB and Buy this i have a full map and i can see all the missed APP in detailed therefore i know what to enter

Hi,

i use FS Build most of the times for flight planning and Topcat for takeoff and landing calculations.. but I think it has nothing to do with my question how or where to input missed approach procedure.. I know what to enter if necessary, i have jeppessen maps as well, but i have never heard that i have to enter something to get GoAround mode working.. it should just set Take-off or go-around power, and follow missed approach procedure in lateral mode..

Jan

SOLVED ! You have to enter all information into FMC, i tried go arounds only when "flying-trying".. just take-off, turn back and landing.. to try new scenery or in such situations..in these try-flights i dont use fmc at all.. that was i mistake in case of md-11 go-arounds :-)... thx for help everyone..

Jan